Fort Lauderdale to Miami transfer?

dpryo319

Hello all!

I am sailing on the Reflection, Dec 29, and the cheapest flight that I could find is into Fort Lauderdale, not Miami. Does anyone know of a cheap way to get from the airport to the miami port? I fly in to Fort Lauderdale at 11:10am.

Thanks for the help :)

I would recommend posting this on the Florida Departures Board where the question comes up almost daily.

Personally, I would not fly the day the cruise begins. Too much risk of missing the ship if flight is delayed or cancelled.

Again, you can get transportation recommendations on the Florida Departures Board.

Keith

Hello all!

I am sailing on the Reflection, Dec 29, and the cheapest flight that I could find is into Fort Lauderdale, not Miami. Does anyone know of a cheap way to get from the airport to the miami port? I fly in to Fort Lauderdale at 11:10am.

I would highly recommend SAS shuttle service.

http://www.ridesas.com/

We have used them twice and have booked them again for our January Reflection cruise.

They are punctual and friendly. Price is very reasonable too. They will also pick you up at Port of Miami and take you to FLL.

Enjoy your visit with Rory:)

Thank you all!!

The reason why I'm flying there "day of" is because I don't really have anyone I could have stayed with (since I'll be alone, visiting my boyfriend who's the piano player on board), and a hotel is out of the question for just myself. So, I guess I'll be talking a bit of a risk. Hopefully it will not be a problem!

That shuttle service sounds fantastic!

Thank you all!!

The reason why I'm flying there "day of" is because I don't really have anyone I could have stayed with (since I'll be alone, visiting my boyfriend who's the piano player on board), and a hotel is out of the question for just myself. So, I guess I'll be talking a bit of a risk. Hopefully it will not be a problem!

That shuttle service sounds fantastic!

I sail solo every cruise...why is a hotel out the question?:confused:

I always arrive a day early and book a room on my own. Not sure

I understand your thought process on that part but hope you have

a good time and I have also used SAS before.:)

Like Lois, I usually sail solo and book a hotel for the night before. Never had a problem being alone. If it is cost, you might want to try priceline where there have been reports of pretty good deals. Also another vote for SAS. Very dependable.

Hope you have a great cruise. :)

Anne

I sail solo every cruise...why is a hotel out the question?:confused:

I always arrive a day early and book a room on my own. Not sure

I understand your thought process on that part but hope you have

a good time and I have also used SAS before.:)

Here's why :)

1. I'm in college, so I can't afford it.

(The cruise is free to me, since Rory pays for my stay on board...he gets a REALLY cheep deal., only way I get to go!)

2. I'm unable to get off of work any longer during break (I work at an insurance company in a call center.)

2. I'm a 21 year old girl from a small town, Miami is a big town, I'm scared to ha ha ;)

3. Airfare was a really good deal on that day as well, $250 r.t. So I took it!

I Have used Vip Florida Shuttle http://www.vipfloridashuttle.com. Good Service!! On time!! for nice deal if you book round trip .

Hello all!

Archived