Dress code - again?

MARIANH

I am getting conflicting messages from HAL and my TA about dress code on our upcoming 7 day Westerdam cruise. I am told there are two "formal" nights on 7 day cruises. One piece of advice says that tuxedos are advised, the other that only jacket and tie ( including trousers!) are required. Is anyone familiar with current policy and practice on the Westerdam?

Many thanks and apologies if this question has been answered before. I could not find an appropriate link on this site.

I only saw a few tuxes. Plus, if you don't feel like loading up your suitcase just go to the Pinnacle that night (nice slacks and shirt) or go to the Lido deck.

The Pinnacle has the same code as the dining room on formal nights.

I am getting conflicting messages from HAL and my TA about dress code on our upcoming 7 day Westerdam cruise. I am told there are two "formal" nights on 7 day cruises. One piece of advice says that tuxedos are advised, the other that only jacket and tie ( including trousers!) are required. Is anyone familiar with current policy and practice on the Westerdam?

Many thanks and apologies if this question has been answered before. I could not find an appropriate link on this site.

Some percent will wear tuxes, some a suit, some a sports coat and some who knows what :rolleyes:. The tux and suit are both within the guidelines unless you eat in Lido where more causual attire is ok.

Agree, both a TUX & Suit are within guidelines...In addition , HAL now says a Jacket with tie is also within the guidelines..Lately on our Caribbean cruises we find that there are few Tuxes to be seen..My DH now has opted for a dark suit on those cruises..We'll be doing a B2B Noordam cruise in Nov & only plan on a dark suit & a sport Jacket for DH....

However, on the longer cruises we find there are more Tuxes & we plan on taking all three for him on our 68 day Prinsendam cruise to SA..Will be packing his TUX, a Dark Suit & a Sports Jacket.. He will often wear a sport jacket sans tie on smart casual nights, especially if the MDR is usually cool..

Enjoy your cruise..

Cheers...:)Betty

Agree, both a TUX & Suit are within guidelines...In addition , HAL now says a Jacket with tie is also within the guidelines..Lately on our Caribbean cruises we find that there are few Tuxes to be seen..My DH now has opted for a dark suit on those cruises..We'll be doing a B2B Noordam cruise in Nov & only plan on a dark suit & a sport Jacket for DH....

However, on the longer cruises we find there are more Tuxes & we plan on taking all three for him on our 68 day Prinsendam cruise to SA..Will be packing his TUX, a Dark Suit & a Sports Jacket.. He will often wear a sport jacket sans tie on smart casual nights, especially if the MDR is usually cool..

Enjoy your cruise..

Cheers...:)Betty

Many thanks to all responders. Looks as though we can travel light ( er) for a change!

Regards

I only saw a few tuxes. Plus, if you don't feel like loading up your suitcase just go to the Pinnacle that night (nice slacks and shirt) or go to the Lido deck.

Jackets are ired in the PINNACLE on formal nights also onboard the Westerdam

Here you go, this is what Hal says and what most passengers follow:

Evening dress falls into two distinct categories: Formal or Smart Casual. Smart Casual can be defined as slacks and collared shirts for men and casual dresses, slacks and informal evening wear for women. T-shirts, swimsuits, tank tops and shorts are not allowed in the restaurants or public areas during the evening hours. On festive Formal evenings, ladies may wear a suit, cocktail dress, gown or fancy blouse/top with slacks and gentlemen wear a jacket and tie, dark suit or tuxedo. There are approximately two formal nights per week.

In order to complement your fellow guests, Holland America Line asks that you observe the suggested dress code throughout the entire evening.

My annoying husband even wore a turtleneck with a jacket.:mad: They let him in. Probably because he was with a beautifully dressed woman.;)

I LOVE this - a " Formal" entry with a sense of humor!!! ;) I'm sure what YOU say is absolutely TRUE!!!!!!! Anne [ chuckling]

Archived