March weather in Darwin

dronfield

I'll be in Darwin March 14 on Radiance. What would customary weather be like? Will it be raining non-stop or just afternoon showers? Will the roads to Litchfield NP be driveable? I'm getting lots of different opinions about Darwin weather middle of March so any local info will be greatly appreciated.

I'll be in Darwin March 14 on Radiance. What would customary weather be like? Will it be raining non-stop or just afternoon showers? Will the roads to Litchfield NP be driveable? I'm getting lots of different opinions about Darwin weather middle of March so any local info will be greatly appreciated.

http://www.bom.gov.au/calendar/annual/climate.shtml

Local Bureau of Metrology website.

In one word..hot. Average temps 30 degrees high. Lowest 24 degrees. Coming out of wet season...rains on average 20 days. But sort of place ou would have an evening storm with heavy rains for short time rather than a constant drizzle throughout the day. So means can be relatively humid.

Basically a typical tropical climate.

Darwin is pretty constant temperature of 32 to 34 degrees all year. If it rains it feels good till it stops then the humidity starts. You will be on the tail end of the wet season so it could be dry but if it rains it usually only lasts about hour unless it is a monsoon trough hitting the place. The lightning shows are brilliant and worth seeing.

The road into Litchfield NP is tarred however if there has been a big wet season or heavy rain just before you go you may have problems getting across one or 2 creeks. If the road is clear there will be limited places you will be able to get to ie Wangi Falls. Anywhere there is a dirt road probably not advisable.

Going to these places in the wet seasons is great if you can get into them as it is just so different to the dry season. There will be very few people out at Litchfield in comparison the dry season. Everything will be green and water around - in the dry it is mostly brown except where the creeks and waterholes are.

Our daughter has lived in Darwin for almost 20 years and we love going up there and especially to see things in the wet season.

Archived