flying into MCO sailing from Port Canveral

hlb76

This will be our first time sailing from here. So I am a ball of nerves.

Just wondering is MCO the best place to fly in? We would fly in a day early and stay somewhere.

Not sure if it's best to stay in Orlando or closer to the port? Are there hotels anywhere with shuttles?

What would be a safe time to fly back out?

What is the best way to get back to the airport post cruise?

I'm used to sailing from Mia and Nola. Those we have figured out this is whole new ball of yarn for us:o

MCO is the best airport for Port Canaveral. I would recommend coming in a day early . Most hotels near MCO don't have shuttles to Port Canaveral which is about 60 min from MCO . If you can rent a car and drive to the Port Canaveral area the night before. If arriving late stay near MCO and get one of the local shuttle companies to take you to the port the next morning. You also could use the cruise line shuttle as a last resort.

Glad to hear that you are being a smart cruiser and will arrive at least one day early! ;)

As mentioned above a one way car rental is likely your cheapest option, with the flexibility to shop and dine where you want -- the dirve from MCO to PC takes just under an hour.

If you prefer to let someone else do the driving check with Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Star Transportation and Executive VIP. Good luck! :)

Archived