Sapphire Cabin Question

tytan

We just booked the Sapphire for spring break for our family of five, March 23 to the Mexican Riviera. We booked two insides right next to each other a tripple for the kids and a double for my wife and I. My question is location, the only tripple cabin we could get was mid ship Aloha deck 12 which is right under the Lido deck I'm concerned about hearing chairs etc from the Lido overhead, anyone experience this ? There are regular inside cabins available on other decks but we are tied to this location because of the tripple and I don't feel comfortable with the kids on a different deck.

This is our first cruise on Princess and we are really looking forward to it the whole family did Carnival a few years ago and my wife and I have sailed with HAL. We are hoping Princess will be a good fit for the family.

What section is your cabin in?

Is it exactly midships?

We are in A331 and A335, looks like we are right under the Neptune pool.

Just curious if anyone has experience with excessive noise from above when booked in cabins under the Lido deck.

I haven't been on this ship but we did have rooms on Aloha twice. First time it was as if they were having piano races above us every night. I heard it - hubby slept right through it - EVERY NIGHT! Last winter we also had the Aloha deck on the Coral and I had no problems from above but from across the hall as that was where the room stewards all stored their carts. Every morning around 5:30 or so, they would start coming out by hitting the swinging doors and then having to go over the 'speed bumps' at the doorway. Again, didn't bother hubby but I was up every morning!

Another CC person just got off a cruise and they too had the Aloha deck. They got the crew to put some rugs under the tables above their room and that eventually helped relieve their troubles.

With all that being said about MY troubles, I was on a cruise, had a wonderful balcony, and didn't let it bother me too much. I was cruising and having a good time! One could always sneak a nap in during the day if there was the need for one.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived