Miami Intercontinental & LMT

lazydays3

I'm getting one night rate at Intercontinental for March 8 on LMT of $240. Is this a good rate for that time of year or can I expect it to come down some? Not sure if I should book now or wait it out a little longer...

The BEST Available for your date with the hotel is $252 + tax

I have never used LMT..how do you know it is the IC?

It may seem a bit high, but after all, you need your room in March. Try calling their toll free number to see if they will give you a reduced rate. Usually you get about $20.00 - $30.00 off the posted internet rate. We booked through LMT last year and we're able to cancel within 4 days of our stay, if we needed to. We didn't need to, so what I am saying, is that if you find it at a lower rate later, why not simply cancel and re-book at the better rate. Confirm with them first that this policy of cancellation still applies before booking, of course!

It may seem a bit high, but after all, you need your room in March. Try calling their toll free number to see if they will give you a reduced rate. Usually you get about $20.00 - $30.00 off the posted internet rate. We booked through LMT last year and we're able to cancel within 4 days of our stay, if we needed to. We didn't need to, so what I am saying, is that if you find it at a lower rate later, why not simply cancel and re-book at the better rate. Confirm with them first that this policy of cancellation still applies before booking, of course!

That is definately their cancellation rate. I just booked a room with them last week. The woman who helped me was name Monique and she was great. She was able to save me $7 off the online rate but my hotel wasn't as much as yours it. Also, they will confirm the hotel too with you.

If you can, ask for Monique, she'll take good care of you.;)

I did call their reservation # and they quoted me $240 +tx and confirmed that it was Intercontinental. (The hotel's website rate is $252 +tx). Not much difference.

I knew I wouldn't be getting low rates. But do you think they will drop from the $240 or continue to rise the closer we get to March?

I did call their reservation # and they quoted me $240 +tx and confirmed that it was Intercontinental. (The hotel's website rate is $252 +tx). Not much difference.

I knew I wouldn't be getting low rates. But do you think they will drop from the $240 or continue to rise the closer we get to March?

If you really want the IC then I would book now & like the other poster said just cancel & rebook the cheaper rate or maybe if you just call LMT at the time they will give your the cheaper rate

The other problem is that everyone seems to want the IC & it is prime March break time

I booked the Holiday Inn & if I see a better hotel for less then I will book that & if not I still have a room to stay in

Good luck

If you really want the IC then I would book now & like the other poster said just cancel & rebook the cheaper rate or maybe if you just call LMT at the time they will give your the cheaper rate

The other problem is that everyone seems to want the IC & it is prime March break time

I booked the Holiday Inn & if I see a better hotel for less then I will book that & if not I still have a room to stay in

Good luck

I agree. If you really want the IC and your good with the price you got then I would book now and keep watching the rates. You have until 4 days before to cancel for 100% refund. Then if the price goes up or the hotel sells out, then you made a good choice on booking. If it goes down, then you save $$. It seems like a win-win to me :D

I would book through the hotel and then keep checking their site to see if the price goes down. If it does then followup to get the reduced rate.

Keith

Does the IC rate go down for April? I will be cruising the end of April out of Miami and was hoping for the IC. Stayed there May of 2011 and the rate was considerably less. So hoping to stay there again...just curious!

Personally, I think this far out, that is a really decent rate for the Intercontinental. I really want it for the friday night before our cruise, but it't sold out due to the Miami Marathon. The night after the marathon is $308. I would book the $240 if it's truly the hotel you want to stay in.

I think if you really only are open to that hotel, that you are smart to book on LMT now as it IS really easy to cancel later. Watch on other sites. Getting closer to the date will surely bring a lower rate. I wouldn't think you would have to pay more than $200.:confused:

Thanks for everyone's advice! I've bit the bullet and booked it at the $240 rate, but will keep watching in case something better comes along.

That's the smart move if you really want the IC. I've booked the IC through LMT and took advantage of a price drop at a later date. It was really easy. :)

Personally, I think this far out, that is a really decent rate for the Intercontinental. I really want it for the friday night before our cruise, but it't sold out due to the Miami Marathon. The night after the marathon is $308. I would book the $240 if it's truly the hotel you want to stay in.

This is the first I am hearing of the Miami marathon. I was hoping to get a decently priced, but still good hotel on Friday, 1/25/2012. Should I book now as it may be sold out as the date gets closer?

This is the first I am hearing of the Miami marathon. I was hoping to get a decently priced, but still good hotel on Friday, 1/25/2012. Should I book now as it may be sold out as the date gets closer?

You should really start looking now. Don't book anything you can't cancel. As the date nears, you can always look for a price drop. The special rate for runners at the IC is $300. Smart cruisers on this board usually get it for a lot less than that.

• 2 weeks later...

on hotwire dor dec 14 2012 . got IC for $95 plus 15 tax for 4 people per room

Trip Details GetInline.aspx?messageid=2d794653-2e0b-11e2-ba40-00215ad6eec8&attindex=2&cp=-1&attdepth=2&imgsrc=cid:image59210&cid=e4bd40273329298f&hm__login=eightsaints&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.13.128.8&d=d411&mf=0&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2014%20Nov%202012%2004:07:37%20GMT&st=eightsaints&hm__ha=01_25a7a22b0c6b7013e820962960b95ae411f4a0988dd6a30dfe796fa589fae678&oneredir=1InterContinental Miami - At Miami Center

GetInline.aspx?messageid=2d794653-2e0b-11e2-ba40-00215ad6eec8&attindex=10&cp=-1&attdepth=10&imgsrc=cid:image59211&cid=e4bd40273329298f&hm__login=eightsaints&hm__domain=hotmail.com&ip=10.13.128.8&d=d411&mf=0&hm__ts=Wed%2c%2014%20Nov%202012%2004:07:37%20GMT&st=eightsaints&hm__ha=01_25fd49e4e7ffe91575423cbb1217933ab11ce76942f9c35b395be4605470be1c&oneredir=1See ratings guide

Hotwire Hot Rate

100 Chopin Plaza,

Miami,FL,33131

(305) 577-1000

Map

Check-in

Fri, Dec 14, 2012, 4:00 PM

Check-out

Sat, Dec 15, 2012, 12:00 PM

Times are subject to change.

Please confirm with the hotel.

Book a Meeting Room Nearby

Amenities Fitness Center Pool(s) Restaurant(s) Business Center High-Speed Internet Access Accessible for the blind Accessible for the deaf Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility Accessible bathroom Handicapped parking Roll-in shower

Primary guest

theresa st john

AdultsChildren35

Rooms

on hotwire dor dec 14 2012 . got IC for $95 plus 15 tax for 4 people per room

That is a nice price for the hotel. ;) But this is not close to the price that nights in peak season go for. The thread is discussing those peak nights not slow weeks.

I just stayed at the IC this past weekend for three nights and paid just under $500 including tax (so about $165 per night) for a room with two double beds. Used Hotwire and had one of those deals where I had 24 hours to cancel without penalty so could confirm that it was IC before I completely committed to it.

Liked the hotel and the location and it's very close to the port. I will caution you and others though that the IC, while a terrific hotel with great service, nickels and dimes you to death. So if you need internet and the gym each day you will need to add at least $30 per night. And if more than one of you wants the gym, keep adding $15. Also, they charge $20 for coffee service in your room which, as a coffee lover, would make me crazy.

Not trying to scare you away....just trying to be sure you are comparing apples to apples when you are considering other hotels.

That is a nice price for the hotel. ;) But this is not close to the price that nights in peak season go for. The thread is discussing those peak nights not slow weeks.

my point was price for IC per there website is cheapest room $190 plus tax. Hotwire $95. In my experience have got great deals off hotwire and priceline. with some searching can narrow hotel down and have high chance of getting the one you want. That is why I listed the amenities which is helpful when searching hotwire. Yes prices will change dependingon season but it is good to check all the options. (hotwire, LMT, direct hotel website call, etc).

the IC, while a terrific hotel with great service, nickels and dimes you to death. So if you need internet and the gym each day you will need to add at least $30 per night. And if more than one of you wants the gym, keep adding $15. Also, they charge $20 for coffee service in your room which, as a coffee lover, would make me crazy.

At the risk of sounding like I'm defending the IC's surcharge policies. I find that many business hotels like the IC tend to have charges for internet, fitness center, etc. for the simple fact that most people on business are on expense accounts.

I don't like surcharges, but about a quarter of the US hotels I stay at have them. Some tourist hotels hide surcharges as a 'resort fee'

On your cruise ship, internet is on average $35 an hour. :eek:

$15/day for internet sounds like a bargain in that respect.:cool:

At the risk of sounding like I'm defending the IC's surcharge policies. I find that many business hotels like the IC tend to have charges for internet, fitness center, etc. for the simple fact that most people on business are on expense accounts.

I don't like surcharges, but about a quarter of the US hotels I stay at have them. Some tourist hotels hide surcharges as a 'resort fee'

On your cruise ship, internet is on average $35 an hour. :eek:

$15/day for internet sounds like a bargain in that respect.:cool:

I just reread this post and I think I come off sounding awful! Like the hotel is terrible.

The hotel is terrific and we had a wonderful stay recently. You just need to be aware of the many surcharges and factor that into your decision regarding value. You will probably still choose the IC but you should be sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Archived