Torn! Nachi Cocum, Chankanaab or Mr Sancho's?

snifflesmcg

Hi all,

I'll be going to Cozumel Nov 6 aboard the Carnival Elation.:D After reading endless reviews and pricing them out... we're not really sure what to do. We've read all about how great Nachi Cocum and Mr Sancho's was and also how beautiful Chankanaab was. We had sort of decided on doing one of the AI but then I read there wasn't good snorkeling (my sister and I have our own equiptment).

Any strong opinions out there?

Of the 3 listed only Chank has good snorkeling from the shore -- at Nachi and Mr. Sanchos you'll need to take an excursion ($30-35 or so each) for great snorkeling). If snorkel is your focus then that's the decider.

But Chank does not offer AI nor, in my opinion, the service you find at Nachi and Mr. S. Your call. :confused:

Good luck! :)

Of the 3 listed only Chank has good snorkeling from the shore -- at Nachi and Mr. Sanchos you'll need to take an excursion ($30-35 or so each) for great snorkeling). If snorkel is your focus then that's the decider.

But Chank does not offer AI nor, in my opinion, the service you find at Nachi and Mr. S. Your call. :confused:

Good luck! :)

Thank you.

I'm not sure what information you read in order to come up with the 3 decisions (just saying this in case my review of Chankanaab was one that you might have read). But, if it's not then I'll show you my 2 reviews from this past March and September.

We absolutely loved going to Chankanaab (why else would we do it twice in a 6 month period :D).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30683350&postcount=59

Dolphin swim at Chankanaab if you are interested in doing that too: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30692077&postcount=65

Other review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=33274360&postcount=48

We are going back to Cozumel this December and as much as we love Chank, we have decided it's time to experience something different. I did extensive research on this port because I'm really afraid that there isn't another place that is going to live up to our experiences at Chank. After narrowing things down, this time around we are going to Nachi Cocom. I've read mixed reviews about them, so we'll see. This time, I guess we are not going for the snorkeling (since we will be able to do that at several of the other ports we'll be in).

Also, another place to consider if you don't want to pay the admission fee for Chankanaab (although in my opinion WELL worth it) is the Money Bar. Same concept as Chank (walking down the steps in to the water) but it's really small, not much of a beach, no entrance fee but you are expected to eat and buy drinks there. :)

Good Luck with your choice.

I compiled a list of these 3 places + Paradise beach + a DCL excursion to the ruins. I included estimated prices of each, amenities, etc. I showed the list to all the adults I'm traveling with and let them decide which we are going to do. There are so many good things about all the choices, that it was driving me crazy! I couldn't narrow it down and further myself.

The masses chose Mr Sancho's. I am relieved I don't have to stress over it anymore! They decided AI would be most fun, and they said they'd rather pay less (vs Nachi) and do Mr Sancho! Looking at the port schedule for the day we're there and the fact that it's off season that we're sailing, I don't think crowds will be too much of a problem. Have you checked the port load for your date?

• 3 months later...
Hi all,

I'll be going to Cozumel Nov 6 aboard the Carnival Elation.:D After reading endless reviews and pricing them out... we're not really sure what to do. We've read all about how great Nachi Cocum and Mr Sancho's was and also how beautiful Chankanaab was. We had sort of decided on doing one of the AI but then I read there wasn't good snorkeling (my sister and I have our own equiptment).

Any strong opinions out there?

hey sniffles - did you end up going to Chankanaab? I was wondering about it. We are avid snorkelers and have our own equipment too. Last excursion we took in Cozumel to Planacar reef was such a dissapointment... thought maybe we'd try the eco park!

At Nachi there was no snorkeling off of the beach, but I paid about $32 and a boat took us out to two different spots of a reef. The reef was about 30 feet down, so some spots were a bit far away, but we still saw lots of marine life!

Did the boat/ snorkel tour include the equipment? Also, did you happen to see if they had the snorkel vests for kids? We are booked for Nachi in 5 weeks and are looking forward to it.

Archived