Can we bring cake on board

bymyglass

I don't know anything in the rules prohibiting that. You won't be able to bring it back off the ship possibly, but that won't be a problem right?

If you are flying to the port I would make sure you put the cake in your carry on. TSA may search the bag & who knows whose grubby fingers could be in it. On the cruise ship if they want to look in your checked bags at least they will call you have you be present.

At first I thought it was silly to go through the extra effort just for cake. But thinking it over, it does represent a special thing for the two of you in your cabin. Can't it be carried on in a tupperware type container without it being in a carryon bag?

I would love to see the answer as well but for different reasons. This is what I copied from their website which would have me concerned about bringing cake:

Can I bring food items onboard due to dietary restrictions?

Items must be pre-packaged, unopened and cannot require any food prep from the dining staff. Homemade items or pre-cooked foods will not be permitted onboard. All items will need to be stored in the stateroom; the ship's storage and/or refrigeration are not available for this use.

Limitations on permitted food items are directly related to concerns for food safety and contamination prevention. Carnival Cruise Lines is unable to provide food preparation, refrigeration or storage for personal food or beverage items.

The ships below are equipped with mini-bars which are designed to maintain the temperature of beverages.

• Carnival Breeze
  • Carnival Conquest
  • Carnival Dream
  • Carnival Freedom
  • Carnival Glory
  • Carnival Legend
  • Carnival Liberty
  • Carnival Magic
  • Carnival Miracle
  • Carnival Pride
  • Carnival Spirit
  • Carnival Splendor