Carnival ship wil not cash a Carnival check

NavarreCruiser

This is not a big deal, just somewhat surprising. On Saurday Oct. 20th we completed a 5 day cruise on the Carnval Destiny. Due to some price reductions, future cruise certiicate credit, and shareholders credit we received a check from Carnival for a little over $20 at the end of the cruise. The Destiny's guest relations desk was very busy as it always is at the end of a cruise. We left the Destiny and walked down the pier to board the Carnival Liberty for the second half of our "back to back" cruises. When we tried to cash the Carnival check at the Liberty guest relations desk we were told they could not cash the check. I checked back later in the cruise to verify and was given the same answer.

Many places will not cash a third party check...which, technically, is what you were trying to do.

If you have a smartphone, you may be able to do the photo-deposit thing, if your bank offers it. Then you can write a first party check to Carnival, which they are more likely to cash.

What you could have done is close out your account before you went to bed and asked for CASH.

Thats what I would have done, rather than deal with a small check... though I understand in this case you assumed the next ship would cash the check.

It needed to be cashed out on your first ship before you left it. Guest Services could have and would have cashed it on your first ship before the accounting program for that sailing closed out. Found this out on a B2B, just made the deadline for cashing it by minutes . . . had thought I could apply it to the S&S for the second sailing . . . NOT! Thats how it was explained to me . . . It has to do with the account program.

Many places will not cash a third party check...which, technically, is what you were trying to do.

If you have a smartphone, you may be able to do the photo-deposit thing, if your bank offers it. Then you can write a first party check to Carnival, which they are more likely to cash.

It was a check from Carnival to them, how is it a third party check?

Archived