Some Strange Going-on's

Don't know if it is just me being stupid (probably!), but been looking at Marine Traffic, and the ships don't seem to be where they should be!

Thomson Spirit is still in Palma, which should have left yesterday evening. Thomson Majesty is still at sea, even though it should have left Corfu on Friday. Currently it is just off the south west of the Greek mainland, and says it is on the way to Syros, which isn't on its itinerary.

Is it Marine Traffic messing up, or are both ships having problems? It seems Thomson Celebration is on its way to Marmaris like it should be, and Thomson Dream has just left La Palma.

Anyone know what is going on? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Don't know if it is just me being stupid (probably!), but been looking at Marine Traffic, and the ships don't seem to be where they should be!

Thomson Spirit is still in Palma, which should have left yesterday evening. Thomson Majesty is still at sea, even though it should have left Corfu on Friday. Currently it is just off the south west of the Greek mainland, and says it is on the way to Syros, which isn't on its itinerary.

Is it Marine Traffic messing up, or are both ships having problems? It seems Thomson Celebration is on its way to Marmaris like it should be, and Thomson Dream has just left La Palma.

Anyone know what is going on? :confused: :confused: :confused:

were there airport problems on friday?

in which case some flights might not have got away until yesterday?

Yes, coach drivers strike in the balaerics and Palma airport only allowing 10 flights per hour.

Serious knock on effects fro passengers in both directions

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-57178/Holiday-island-delays-increase-24-hours.html

Think that article might be a bit out of date Dave! :D

Mentions flights with Britannia and Airtours. Must be about ten years old! ;)

Yes, coach drivers strike in the balaerics and Palma airport only allowing 10 flights per hour.

Serious knock on effects fro passengers in both directions

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-57178/Holiday-island-delays-increase-24-hours.html

Are you sure this is up to date info? It's takling of Brittania flights?

The Majesty is heading for two weeks wet dock, the staff told us that. They will fix any of the items on the to do list that could not be done with passengers on board. The staff will be doing a full clean of the ship over the two weeks ready to head to the canaries.

Are you sure this is up to date info? It's takling of Brittania flights?

I've just had a massive panic:eek: when I read this link. We're flying out on Tuesday to Palma and the last thing I want is being stuck at Gatwick for hours. It happened to us a couple of years ago when going to Tenerife, for some reason a hurrican in the caribbean affected our flight! Apparently the plane was in the wrong place. Its not easy passing 14 hours at Gatwick without spending a fortune. We even took the shuttle from North to south terminal to kill some time, so I def don't want to do that again.

:)Then I read the next couple of postings and trawled the Mail online website and found a very similar article dated July 2001. phew!

IWe even took the shuttle from North to south terminal to kill some time, so I def don't want to do that again.

lol....have done this too....to keep the kids quiet:(

I believe long haul flights ARE being cancelled (as we speak) because of the the hurricane but I cant see this affecting the smaller UK short haul timetables tho...Thoms will often put an alert/update on their website if there are any major disruptions……I don’t think Palma flights will be too affected….hope not

lol....have done this too....to keep the kids quiet:(

I believe long haul flights ARE being cancelled (as we speak) because of the the hurricane but I cant see this affecting the smaller UK short haul timetables tho...Thoms will often put an alert/update on their website if there are any major disruptions……I don’t think Palma flights will be too affected….hope not

They aren't reporting anything at the moment! Fingers crossed for you travellers! :)

http://www.thomson.co.uk/editorial/alerts/thomsonfly-travel-alert.html

if there were problems going into Palma it could effect flights to Greece in possibly 2 ways as I can think of, say a 6.30 am flight to Palma out of BHX back to BHX at approx 14.00ish could then be off to Corfu say 15.00 so delays into palma would have an effect, other one is air traffic control strikes whereby not able to use that countries air space not that I know anything like strikes are happening but I was working for travel companies in spain when it has happened....absolute nightmare.:rolleyes:

Archived