Update from Mayor Bloomberg

No. Unfortunately he did not. My daughter goes to school in Greenwich and school is cancelled till Thurs. The trains are shutting down at 7 and last bus is at 9. Yet the airports are open and cancelling flights on a case-by-case basis at this point. I'm glad I'm not flying because I think that might make me just a little uneasy.

Carnival Miracle and Norwegian Gem are due in tomorrow.

The next arrivals are due on Wednesday

Norwegian website update : The US Coast Guard has advised that it will close the Port of New York as of 6 pm Sunday, October 28. Therefore, Norwegian Gem’s arrival in New York on Monday, October 29 will be delayed and the ship will remain at sea. The Coast Guard has not yet determined when it will re-open the Port of New York. Therefore, guests scheduled to sail on Norwegian Gem’s October 29 sailing are asked to continue to check ncl.co.uk for the latest updates and information. We expect an update on the ship’s arrival and departure times on Sunday evening.

Carnival : it appears the Miracle is leaving a day early which is confusing : 10/29/12 DEPARTURE NOW SCHEDULED TO DEPART SUNDAY 10/28/12

The port is expected to close at 6:00PM on Sunday. In an effort to continue with the cruise and keep safely away from the storm, the cruise will now depart on Sunday, October 28. Check-in is scheduled from 2:00PM to 4:00PM, and sailing is set for 5:00 PM from Pier 90.

Archived