Kenai Fjords National Park on embarcation day

Duckenz

Can some one help me with my planning.

Have you taken the train or shuttle from Anchorage down to Seward on day of departure and done the 6 hr Kenai Fjords National Park cruise before boarding.

Was it ok,got back with time to board and what did you do with your luggage while on the cruise.

Thanks for your help and advise with planning

Debbie

Can some one help me with my planning.

Have you taken the train or shuttle from Anchorage down to Seward on day of departure and done the 6 hr Kenai Fjords National Park cruise before boarding.

Was it ok,got back with time to board and what did you do with your luggage while on the cruise.

Thanks for your help and advise with planning

Debbie

We did this recently on our Cruise/tour. Bus from Anchorage, Kenai Boat tour and then to ship. As it was part of our tour, the luggage went directly to the ship. Embarkation on the ship was 8 pm, so we had plenty of time to make the connection between the fjord tour and the ship.

:)

With your reference to the Alaska RR, are you booking this independently? A cruisetour is going to be very different with proceedure.

I keep hearing conflicting reports that luggage is and is not transferred by RCI? So that would have to be found out that day, direct from Alaska RR. Otherwise, with luggage tags on for the ship- at least one Kenai Fjords vendor does transfer bags. You can also haul them with you, the vendor stores them , then transfers you and the bags to the ship. (which I did this year)

I highly advocate this tour, if of interest, which works out, excellent on embarkment/disembarkemnt days. Makes excellent use of "Alaska" touring time. I always do it.

Archived