World Cruise 2015

Keith1010

I started a previous thread on this a few months ago but decided to start a new one just to clean it up.

I know it is over two years from now, but for those who have wait list deposits in place if you would like to be added to the Future Cruising Thread be sure to let me know regardless of whether you have put a deposit down on one voyage, multiple voyages or the entire World Cruise.

We have quite a list already.

For those who need a PDF version of the itinerary this link will take you to the PDF which is on the Crystal Cruises Web Site.

http://www.crystalcruises.com/files/brochures/2015WC_Preview.pdf

Right now the voyage is names the Silver Celebration because it will take place over Crystal Cruises 25 year anniversary of operation. This voyage also marks the 20th Crystal Cruises World Cruise.

It looks to be an extraordinary itinerary.

Keith

Penny, excellent point. As you correctly note, the 2013 World Cruise is considered very fully booked.

I always think it's a good idea to book early, including a wait, for those who are seriously considering it to get the category of room and in many cases the specific room or room location that they are most interested in if that is important to them. For us, location is important as is category.

Keith

Planning for a WC that takes 4 months of your life is a huge job. We are so grateful to have 2 years to ready ourselves for this marathon of travel. It was extremely thoughtful of Crystal to put this out there. It allows our family to save the money and position our lives to undertake this wonderful journey.

The cruise is perfectly timed for us. That is provided our family stay well, babies aren't conceived or other major life issues do not ensue. There is a lot that can happen in two years but planning is essential.

We have made our deposit. We have started a savings account for our trip. So far this is all that has happened. Our dreams are that of seeing the world coming in through our bedroom window.

I looked at this cruise. To me it appeared there are a maximum of 5 sea days in a row. After our last cruise with way too many sea days in row for our comfort this was reassuring. Also the weather for this cruise should be excellent. I know there may be rain, wind and rough seas in the usual places. Ideally this is the perfect circuit for the planned time of year. The pace looks about right. The number of Visas required for this trip will be incredible.

We will likely not be cruising much or even at all prior the the WC 2015. We are saving it up for the big trip. I sure hope it will be worth it. Honestly we could buy another home with the money we will spend on this trip. I don't want things. I want to see and experience the world.

Keith - This pricing, at introduction, seems quite competitive; about the same that I paid in for my 2008 World Cruise. As you say, however, the devil is in the details. I am curious as to what is included for us as full World Cruisers. Will there still be an overnight and Gala included pre-cruise, special events and included shore excursions on each segment, etc. Inquiring minds want to know more! If there is anything here that you are privy to, please share. I am very tempted to go on this journey, one more time.

Andrew

Hi Andrew, I also noticed that the World Cruise amenities had not yet been shown and have already communicated that it will be asked about so it was not surprising to see your question.

As soon as I see it, I will be sure to note it.

I suspect that you will see a World Cruise Gala, two shore side events, on board events, world cruise gift(s) as has been the case in the past.

The only change that was made in recent years was the elimination of the one complimentary shore excursion that was provided on each segment to all guests. Instead, other on board activities were expanded.

In addition, air is no longer included.

I hope you book the cruise. I love the itinerary and it is a milestone year for Crystal Cruises and for the World Cruise.

Keith

Thanks, Keith, for your prompt reply. This is the first World Cruise since 2008 that looks perfect for me. We will visit many new ports of call and revisit many of my favorites. Another big appeal for me is Miami departure and return, therefor no flying involved for me. I assume that you are already onboard for this journey? I am getting serious now that the pricing has been announced. Do you have any idea who the Captain might be?

Andrew

Thanks, Keith, for your prompt reply. This is the first World Cruise since 2008 that looks perfect for me. We will visit many new ports of call and revisit many of my favorites. Another big appeal for me is Miami departure and return, therefor no flying involved for me. I assume that you are already onboard for this journey? I am getting serious now that the pricing has been announced. Do you have any idea who the Captain might be?

Andrew

Hi Andrew, they were updating the web site since I posted earlier (I was up very early) and I see they have now included more details on the amenities. I have copied and pasted them and they are included at the end of my post. Some are the normal amenities.

We have put down a wait list deposit and will convert this to a regular deposit.

Usually the Captain's Rotate but let's wait till we see who is doing 2014 to get a better sense on this.

Keith

Amenities

======

In addition to a festive Bon Voyage Gala at a luxury hotel in Miami on the eve of departure, full World Cruisers receive a host of complimentary choice amenities, offered only to our World Cruise guests such as two exclusive shoreside events, private enrichment classes, fitness programs, special entertainment, social invitations, and commemorative gear and gifts. The 2015 World Cruise is also offered in six exciting segments, from 15 to 21 days, each showcasing a particular world destination.

2015 Full World Cruise Savings & Amenities

Limited-Time 2-for-1 World Cruise Cruise-Only Fares plus additional Book Now Savings of $9,000 when you book by April 30, 2013; Full World Cruise Book Now Cruise-Only Fares available from $34,445 per person!

Up to $5,150 per person additional savings for Crystal Society guests

Up to $4,120 per person additional savings for New-to-Crystal guests

Complimentary chauffeured private car transfers between the guest’s home and airport, airport to ship and back within 100 miles of the port city†;

World Cruise Bon Voyage Gala and overnight luxury hotel accommodations on eve of departure in Miami

Two exclusive shoreside events

Special onboard events

Specially selected gifts

Complimentary gratuities for all housekeeping, bar, dining and Penthouse butler staff

Complimentary fine wines, champagne, premium spirits throughout the ship, and so much more

Optional air add-ons also available

Book Early and Save! All guests paying in full 180 days prior to departure also receive 2.5% additional Early Full Payment savings.

Keith, Any idea where the 1,2,and 3 categories are? We love midship but somewhat aft is fine too, don't want to go forward though.

txcottn,

C1 are cabins 7034-7058 and 7037 to 7059

C2 are cabins 7060 - 7070 and 7061 to 7071

C3 are cabins 7002 - 7034 and 7001 to 7035

Keith

Thanks, Keith. I was looking at Deck 8. I got the rooms from my TA and I understand some of them - they are right over the gangway - but for the life of me I can't imagine what sort of obstruction there is on the aft rooms. Any clues? It's probably a "no never mind" anyway as 2014 WCers will get first pick so even though Crystal is happy to take my 20%, I still won't get a room until mid-December. Oh well.

txcottn, you are very welcome.

On Deck 8 there are three categories. B3 are the ones very forward, B2 are have what they say is a slightly limited view and B1 make up the bulk of the cabins.

You are right about the ones near the gangway. And in the scheme of things it's not a big deal.

I am not sure about the ones near the AFT. Maybe ask your TA to call Crystal to see what they say as to where an obstruction is.

Good luck with all of this. When we booked our first WC we also had to wait till December. I remember giving four or so cabins we wanted in priority order and I think we got our second choice. Being on the wait list really helped and now that your booking has been converted that should help.

Keith

For those of you who are wait listed your bookings should all have been converted to regular bookings.

We are all set with ours.

I also made one other booking this morning adding 5301 which precedes the World Cruise to the booking.

Now only 27 months to go.

Keith

For those of you who are wait listed your bookings should all have been converted to regular bookings.

We are all set with ours.

I also made one other booking this morning adding 5301 which precedes the World Cruise to the booking.

Now only 27 months to go.

Keith

TG you have many cruises in the meantime:)

We are pleased with the pricing for this cruise. The per-diem seems better than some previous voyages. Am I correct? Considering it is 2 years away and the prices of other full "world" journeys this is good news. The prices are better than we expected for a full circumnavigation and 108 days. I hope we don't get crazy(er) living on the ship for 108 days. We are hoping it will be the most relaxing and enriching time of our lives.

27 months and counting,

Ilene

Ilene I think the prices are quite good. I was asked by some folks to estimate prices and these are lower than what I thought they might be.

It's funny you mention living on the ship because that is quite true. Anne Marie will often say that when we take the World Cruise it is like we are moving onto the ship for three to four months depending on the length of the voyage.

It is a very unique experience and truly a journey and an adventure.

Keith

Full WC 2015 perdiem $310 per day with society savings. (108 full circle globe Miami RT)

Full WC 2014 perdiem $410 per day with society savings (98 days partial circle pacific Aukland to LA)

Full WC 2013 perdiem $363 per day with society savings (74 days circle So America Miama RT)

What a deal to fill so much of my bucket list.

"Balancing blissful days at sea with enriching discovery ashore, the journey is accentuated with rare opportunities for exploration including UNESCO sites such as the Galapagos Islands (Ecuador); ** Machu Picchu, the** Lines and Geoglyphs of Nazca, and Pampas de Jumana (Peru); **Easter Island’s Rapa Nui National Park (Chile); **Iguazu National Park (Argentina); the Carioca Landscapes and Corcovado (Brazil); the **Tsingy de Bemaraha Strict Nature Reserve (Madagascar); Aapravasi Ghat (Mauritius); and, Table Mountain National Park & Robben Island (South Africa).

The journey will also explore the Amazon rainforest, the stunning fjords of New Zealand’s Dusky, Doubtful and Milford Sounds, the Panama Canal, and isles in the South Pacific and Caribbean."

Oh and future WCers please let mention one thing. While in Madagascar do not miss the Tsingy. It is a very hard to get to see these Baobab trees, cute lemurs and natural wonders of the world. I notice they are offering it on 2015. On Madagascar there are no predatory animals nor poisonous critters. Only lots of friendly poor people who need your support for their stunning country. Take the excursion you will be so glad you did.

Could you clarify that comment for me please. Surely it doesn't mean that if one books the full World Cruise now and pays 20% deposit that you can't select a stateroom but have to wait until December 2014 for it to be assigned?

Anne

I'm surprised and pleased with the pricing! With the single supplement, and still the lowest category of cabin, I think I could actually afford to do this! Now I just have to sort out how I'd take 4 months off of work without losing my job and I'm all set! :rolleyes:

So I did try to book the 2015 World Cruise online, and it comes up with an error. I guess I need to go through a TA...

I'm surprised and pleased with the pricing! With the single supplement, and still the lowest category of cabin, I think I could actually afford to do this! Now I just have to sort out how I'd take 4 months off of work without losing my job and I'm all set! :rolleyes:

So I did try to book the 2015 World Cruise online, and it comes up with an error. I guess I need to go through a TA...

If you don't yet have a TA, then you can contact Crystal Cruises directly and make a reservation with an agent. You then can move the booking anytime before you make your complete final payment.

Keith

Archived