chops vs. 150 central

sailnsee

150 Central Park is excellent, but not for everybody. It is a five course tasting menu - so you do not order of a menu, but simply eat what they serve you. Portions are smaller than what you'd receive in other restaurants, but between the five courses and the bread service (served with different tasting salts from around the world) it adds up to a good sized meal. The food is interesting, high quality, well prepared and nicely plated. If you are not a picky eater, it is a great choice - but if you have significant food aversions it would not be a good option. They sometimes can make some substitutions and modifications, but for the most part one has to enjoy a variety of foods.

I have several pictures of 150 Central Park in my photo album of my September 2012 Allure cruise (we ate there twice);

http://s497.beta.photobucket.com/user/buffy88nw/library/Allure%20Cruise/

Yes...agree with everything said above....except....150CP is our favorite restaurant on the ship. Great food, great experience...but you need to be open to some different things. 2 set menus for the week, they are posted outside the front door of the restaurant.

Are you on Oasis? If so I have the menus from 2 weeks ago on my camera...I plan to post the pics soon.

thanks sooo much for pic. and info...dh loves his steak but likes gourmet also,we're up for doing something new...how are chances of making a reservation for 8:30 or after day of departure

So long as you head there soon after boarding most likely they will have something available.

We had the best time at 150 Central - Next cruise we plan on going there again. Do they still offer the cucumber martini --- it was perfect! Jan

Yes..they still served the cucumber martini...and they will give you the recipe if you ask for it...

There ARE a couple of choices. While the menu is set, there are two choices for two or three of the courses.

My memory is a bit fuzzy. (as usual)

But it was fabulous.

And definitely NOT for everyone.

I think that we enjoyed it so much because it was "on" Royal Caribbean. We had a huge OBC because we were on the Isaac-shortened cruise.

There ARE a couple of choices. While the menu is set, there are two choices for two or three of the courses.

Might vary menu-to-menu. Currently on Allure there is a choice of two dishes for one item only; the rest of the courses are fixed. Not sure if same applies on Oasis for the current menu.

They will substitute as needed for allergies, or if you really don't want a particular dish. I'm allergic to clams, oysters, and scallops...they substitute as needed.

That said, if you are allergic, or don't want 2, 3 or more of the items, it is likely best to go elsewhere :).

Might vary menu-to-menu. Currently on Allure there is a choice of two dishes for one item only; the rest of the courses are fixed. Not sure if same applies on Oasis for the current menu.

Ok, it *may* have just been the main course.........but I could have sworn that there was another choice. Soup?

Oh well.

Fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy.

And it was the Allure, and Molly was on board and in the dining room.

Ok, it *may* have just been the main course.........but I could have sworn that there was another choice. Soup?

Oh well.

Fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy.

And it was the Allure, and Molly was on board and in the dining room.

Yep, main course. I saved the menu for from one meal and looking at it now; main course was choice of Modern Shepherd's Pie vs. Harris Ranch Beef Tenderloin "Reuben." Only soup was Roasted Chestnut. Chef Molly was really nice and down to Earth, we really enjoyed meeting her.

Archived