Cape Liberty Parking

Does anyone know if the Cape Liberty parking lot is flooded or close to flooding?:eek:

I don't.

But I also know that if my car were parked there, because I had embarked on the Explorer, there would not be anything that I could do about it now.

Hi All,

I posted the below on another thread by wanted to post here also as I found and answer to my own question.... be safe.

My son is on the Explorer which is returning Sunday. I have been doing research here at home to find out about their vehicle. I spoke to a nice lady from Central Parking today. This is the company that runs the parking lot. She said that there was "significant" damage to cars. They will have extra attendants and the manager available when the cruise ships return to port. She said that they are helping people try to get their cars started and fill out paperwork for those that cannot be driven. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it doesn't look good. I am going to be at the parking lot on Sunday morning to assist my son, his wife, and another couple with them, get home. Also, you should be prepared because there is no power, which means no gasoline. I also called AAA because that is our insurance carrier. They said that if we are able to get a tow truck dispatched, they will only tow cars a maximum of 10 miles because there is not a lot of gas for the tow trucks either. Bottom line, if you can get someone to help you get home, they should come prepared. I am going to take a 5 gallon jug of gasoline with me as this is over a 400 mile round trip. I know that people are waiting in gas lines in Pennsylvania near Stroudsburg which is along Route 80, 70 miles from Bayonne, NJ. Also, if you need to leave your car there, you may need garbage bags to remove personal items, which may be wet. Water and some granola bars as you may be there a while. Remember, it is only a car. People in that area lost their homes, some their jobs, and some their lives. Take care and be safe.

Thank you for that HELPFUL information.

I'm on Explorer this Sunday, and I bet that it's going to be a disaster trying to park there if there is going to be a lot of disabled cars. What a mess Sandy left...especially here at the shore. We'll have to make sure we leave extra time for us to get to the port.

Archived