Tell me about your FLL to Miami Shuttle Experience

WendyVF

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale with a noon arrival and staying pre-cruise in Miami. I'm trying to decide between a shared shuttle and a private car. A private car is about $30 more than the shuttle. How much of a hassel are the shuttles (SAS, GoAirport, etc.) and what was your experience on the number of stops they made, wait times and such.

Thank you!

I've used SAS quite a few times now from FLL to Miami and back. Using them again in November. Not a problem at all. They have the routine down to a science.

You call them once you get your luggage at the airport. Have never had to wait more than a few minutes.

Then you call them when you are heading into customs from the ship. Then once you do clear customs, call again and they are usually outside waiting.

Drop offs for the other passengers are quick and painless - all luggage is loaded dependent on who is getting dropped off first to last.

Why pay $30 more when you could use it for drinks? :D

We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale with a noon arrival and staying pre-cruise in Miami. I'm trying to decide between a shared shuttle and a private car. A private car is about $30 more than the shuttle. How much of a hassel are the shuttles (SAS, GoAirport, etc.) and what was your experience on the number of stops they made, wait times and such.

Thank you!

You spend a few thousand dollars for your cruise and you are concerned about $30 for a private car?:confused:

We used SAS in May, waited less than 5 minutes at the airport - 8 in the van all going to the same hotel, so no stops or drop-offs.

Waited less than 5 minutes at POM and no stops on the way to FLL

We will be using them again in November

Used both SAS and QLS in the past - both were great. Go Airport Shuttle is another FLL based operator; I've read that they offer a Lincoln Town Car service from FLL to Miami (POM or downtown hotels) for $75+tip that sounds attractive for the next time it's just me and the Mrs. (no way it would fit all the luggage my DDs bring along :o).

Good luck! :)

If we do a walk-off with our luggage at POM, at their earliest time available, how long do you think it would take to get us via one of these services to the FLL airport? I know it's not a hop, skip & jump like it would be if we docked in Ft. Lauderdale...

We used SAS transport in October, and it was fantastic. I just called and they said where to meet and we met. We did pick up a few more passengers before headed to Miami, but nothing major. On the way back was just as easy. We circled around a few times and we were all at the FLL airport by 10:30.

I always carry off all my bags, I don't know that I would ever NOT do that. That's why luggage has wheels now, and thankfully I have no shoulder problems!

We are using them again this month for our wedding. 11pax each way, they made sure to get extra cars in service so no one else would have to wait. I think they are A++

As for how long til you get to the destination, I would still add a buffer of 1 hour for travel and 30 minutes to pick up extra passengers, because I'm really big on giving ourselves enough time. Traffic in the FLL MIA area sucks every day of the week (I know because I lived in Ft Lauderdale for a couple of years).

We just used a new company MJS Trans when we went in September. The owner used to work for SAS and then split to start his own. He was excellent. Called ahead with our pickup time and then arrived early and was waiting for us at the door. Brand new mercedes van. He was very informative about the area and cruising in general, answered all our questions. On the return trip, he was ready and waiting when we got off the ship. We were the only ones for both trips. Only $13 pp. Great deal for the service! Already have them booked for our next cruise. I even messed up the reservation form and they were quick to reply and fix my reservation.

http://gomjstrans.com/MJS_Trans/Home.html

Archived