Celebrity Reflection - Nov 1, 2013

Schplinky

We finally made it to Rome in the middle of the night after a 4 hour delay and missing our initial connection and only just making the rebooked one thanks to chaos in LHR security area in spite of having Fast track.

So for Wednesday we literally saw about 5 minutes of sun through the plane window.

Our luggage did not it make it so we must now waste several hours of our only day in Rome and $40 per person to go back to FCO to go pick it up because hotel delivery could only happen tonight as in nearly 24 hours later !!!!!!

Jonathan

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Do you happen to have the aerplan Visa card from Canada? That is the card I use and when my luggage is delayed by more than six hours after my arrival it allows me to buy up to $500 worth of clothes to tide me over i'm only asking because in the event that if you do have the card I wanted you to know you could go on a shopping spree on the way to the airport but you need to phone visa to open a claim within four days.

We are here! Bumped into a couple at the luggage carousel that we sailed with on our first TA small world and they are sailing on the reflection . After a lengthy lunch relaxing on the terrace drinking wine enjoying my nieces chatter ah nothing like good weather good food and good company. La dolce vita comes to mind. Incredible how just 24 hrs ago we were stressed and now calm

Mmmmm must be the wine. Everyone having a good time it seems, except for you all with flight delays and missed connections lost luggage, our sympathies we maintain its all down to the perils of modern travel no exception.

Back to wine

Just back from our Trastevere food tour. Started around 5:30 pm and went to about 9:45 pm. Surprise... it was all people on Cruise Critic on our cruise tomorrow. We had a beautiful evening full of great conversation, food, and wine. Our host Jasmine was a gem of a human being and was greatly appreciated by all.

Sent from my Samsung Note 2 on the T-Mobile 4G LTE network using Tapatalk 4 Pro

• 3 weeks later...

Yes it was nice to meet some of you. I would have liked to stay in touch, who knows, for new adventures at sea somewhere on the planet !

Never enough time to do so... but for those would like too, here my page on facebook : JPOlszowy

facebook.com/JPOlszowy

Home and getting reacquainted with the real world. We had a wonderful time, both in Rome and on the cruise. It was great meeting everyone and I hope our paths cross in the future. Next up: Lisbon to Rio and then a land trip in France.

I am glad to hear that the cruise was great, We were booked on this cruise, but my hubby was diagnosed with CHF one week prior to our departure .. . .never had to cancel before, and was sure that we would be out a big chunk of money. Thank goodness for travel insurance, we are getting the full amount that we were insured for. Looking forward to our next cruise, April 2014 on Princess to Hawaii!!

Home and getting reacquainted with the real world. We had a wonderful time, both in Rome and on the cruise. It was great meeting everyone and I hope our paths cross in the future. Next up: Lisbon to Rio and then a land trip in France.

Hi Bart

Glad you and Bob are home safe and sound. It was great to meet you both, and everyone else that I had the pleasure to meet.

I went back to work on Tuesday but have now been off work for the remainder of the week, with a nasty cough, sore throat, fever. I guess you were right when you told me that there was something 'going around' the ship. Jonathan has been sick as a dog as well. I guess I will count myself as lucky as I know that some of us were feeling under the weather during the cruise.

Anyway, time to start thinking about the next one :)

Russell in Vancouver

Hi Bart

Glad you and Bob are home safe and sound. It was great to meet you both, and everyone else that I had the pleasure to meet.

I went back to work on Tuesday but have now been off work for the remainder of the week, with a nasty cough, sore throat, fever. I guess you were right when you told me that there was something 'going around' the ship. Jonathan has been sick as a dog as well. I guess I will count myself as lucky as I know that some of us were feeling under the weather during the cruise.

Russell in Vancouver

Sorry to hear you guys have been under the weather, Russell; your Vancouver group helped make the cruise so much fun. Hope you all get well, soon. I have some great photos of most of the gay "mafia" and I'll send them out soon (send your email to: bart at cox dot net. Bob developed a nasty night time cough after we got home, but it may be medication related. I've been fine. I was afraid Bob's eating binge both before and on the cruise might have bad effects, but his latest blood work shows everything in good working order, so we guess the sea air agrees with him. Now looking forward to next year. If you've been checking, it appears Tangiers has been substituted for Casablanca. Give a big hug to the ladies and see you before we know it!

Bart

Sorry to hear you guys have been under the weather, Russell; your Vancouver group helped make the cruise so much fun. Hope you all get well, soon. I have some great photos of most of the gay "mafia" and I'll send them out soon (send your email to: bart at cox dot net. Bob developed a nasty night time cough after we got home, but it may be medication related. I've been fine. I was afraid Bob's eating binge both before and on the cruise might have bad effects, but his latest blood work shows everything in good working order, so we guess the sea air agrees with him. Now looking forward to next year. If you've been checking, it appears Tangiers has been substituted for Casablanca. Give a big hug to the ladies and see you before we know it!

Bart

Hi Bart and everyone,

It was super nice to meet you all in person - I just wish I was a bit more vivacious towards the end.

I have been totally sick since our stop in St Kitts I think or even before - this is/was the worst cold or whatever that I think I have ever had - I have never coughed this much in my life. Today is the first day that I feel a bit better.

Needless to say after all of this, I need a vacation!!!

BTW - does anyone know how to send a private message to someone on this board?

Hi Bart

Russell in Vancouver

Unfortunately, I've been sharing Jonathan's experience. I was home three of the 5 work days since the cruise. I feel like I'm turning the corner. My chest cold has morphed into a head cold.

It was great to meet you guys and always fun to share a drink. Here's hoping we get to do it again.

Hi Bart and everyone,

It was super nice to meet you all in person - I just wish I was a bit more vivacious towards the end.

I have been totally sick since our stop in St Kitts I think or even before - this is/was the worst cold or whatever that I think I have ever had - I have never coughed this much in my life. Today is the first day that I feel a bit better.

It isn't possible. They were working to add that in but then dropped it. I think the fear was that someone on a hot thread would get cyber bullied.

Hi Bart and everyone,

I thought you Canadians were a hardy bunch, Jonathan, but guess not. ;-) Bob and I seemed to have escaped the crud that was going around. I think part of it was going back and forth between very hot, humid outdoor conditions and the refrigerated ship. I feel badly that you all got so sick. Send me your email (to bart at cox dot net) and I'll send you photos of the group. Looking forward to seeing you all again next fall! And give Lisa and Bonnie big hugs from Bob and me.

Unfortunately, I've been sharing Jonathan's experience. I was home three of the 5 work days since the cruise. I feel like I'm turning the corner. My chest cold has morphed into a head cold.

It was great to meet you guys and always fun to share a drink. Here's hoping we get to do it again.

You can, if you book the Marina to Rio cruise with all of us!