Carnival Victory out of Miami

sickofsnowinmich

Hi: WE are considering the Carnival Victory out of Miami for spring break trip with our senior daughter and her best friend. Itinerary is Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Turks.

Has anyone travelled this ship and itinerary in the past? We have cruised several times, but have never gone to a ships private island - is there enough to do there activity wise?

Any thoughts?

Also liked the looks of the Triumph out of Galveston going to Progresso, Yucatan and Cozumel. I have read some opinions regarding travel from Houston to Galveston - is that typically an issue?

Thanks so much for yor thoughts!

It is about a 30 minute drive from Houston to Galveston. No cheap and easy way of getting back and forth. You can shuttle it from Carnival...prolly your best choice, or cab...not the best, but will work.

I have done the Progresso/Cozumel before and had a good time. Progesso is a poop-hole of a town, which is why I like it, more Mexico than the other ports.

Either way, I believe you will have fun, I am about to board the Victory and I will then find out what the ship is like. I liked the Conquest more than the Triumph, so maybe flying into New Orleans will work out for you? Easier, from what I hear, to do the airport/port. I like the Conquest more than the Triumph, too. The Conquest, I believe, does the Progresso/Cozumel trip....could save you time and money.

Houston Intl Airport is about a hour and a half and Hobby is about 45 minutes from Galveston .. not a great choice to fly into.

I would prefer to fly into any other port but this one.. and Im partial to TX.

Victory has been doing out of San Juan and is switching places, so no one has done this same itinerary on this older ship.. not a new ship and some draw backs.. but kids wouldnt care.

I think Valor is the ship changing places with Victory?

Victory has been doing out of San Juan and is switching places, so no one has done this same itinerary on this older ship.. not a new ship and some draw backs.. but kids wouldnt care.

I think Valor is the ship changing places with Victory?

Yes VALOR is switching places with Victory

and we in Barbados are lookin fwd. to seeing Valor every Wednesday!

Hi: WE are considering the Carnival Victory out of Miami for spring break trip with our senior daughter and her best friend. Itinerary is Half Moon Cay, Bahamas, and Turks.

Has anyone travelled this ship and itinerary in the past?

Thanks so much for yor thoughts!

Like Firefly said, the Victory is new to Miami and this itinerary so no one will be able to answer both questions in one shot. However, I just got off the Victory and I really enjoyed her. Yes, she is an older ship but very well maintained. Her theme is the seven seas so everywhere you go in the ship has that theme. She does not have the 2.0 upgrades but she does have the Punchliner Comedy Club as well as the Serenity Deck.

Archived