Blue Man Group on Epic

veryhotred

Eagle, I think we will love it too! We have never been on a ship that big or a 7 night cruise :rolleyes: I can't wait!!! I almost hate to take my 4 night Carnival cruise in January as I know it won't compare lol

I have seen BMG in Las Vegas and loved it!!! We have always wanted to take our kids to see the show and now we will have the chance :D

Eagle, I think we will love it too! We have never been on a ship that big or a 7 night cruise :rolleyes: I can't wait!!! I almost hate to take my 4 night Carnival cruise in January as I know it won't compare lol

I have seen BMG in Las Vegas and loved it!!! We have always wanted to take our kids to see the show and now we will have the chance :D

FYI, it is very similar to the original Vegas show, but scaled down. You will recognize some of the bits.

FYI, it is very similar to the original Vegas show, but scaled down. You will recognize some of the bits.

Just to point out - the vegas blue man group show is not the "original" - nowhere close I think. I remember seeing the show around 15 years ago well before the Vegas show at the Luxor existed. . . My understanding is the original is/was the New York show. . . .

Also, just for clarity - you don't *have* to book it in advance. You can do it at the box office on the ship as well.

I'm really looking forward to BMG. I've seen them in NY and Chicago (multiple times) and on tour. They are definitely not everyone's cup of tea, but if you enjoy quirky shows and have an appreciation of music/rhythm, chances are good you'll enjoy it. They can be a little .... gross sometimes. :)

(do they do (and sell!) the paintings?)

Just to point out - the vegas blue man group show is not the "original" - nowhere close I think. I remember seeing the show around 15 years ago well before the Vegas show at the Luxor existed. . . My understanding is the original is/was the New York show. . . .

Right, that's why I said the original LV show. There are others all over, including a new LV show, a concert tour or two, etc.

We sailed Epic last Christmas with the family. First day on the ship, before cabins were available, we were walking by the Cirque theater and a lady was told that the show was sold out for the entire cruise. Sooo, I'm suggesting that you book your shows 45 days in advance via the NCL web site. You can always cancel or change especially the no charge shows so you're not disappointed. My 2 cents.

Happy sailing

We sailed Epic last Christmas with the family. First day on the ship, before cabins were available, we were walking by the Cirque theater and a lady was told that the show was sold out for the entire cruise. Sooo, I'm suggesting that you book your shows 45 days in advance via the NCL web site. You can always cancel or change especially the no charge shows so you're not disappointed. My 2 cents.

Happy sailing

The Cirque show routinely sells out in advance. I agree, if interested in this one (and I recommend it), you'll want to reserve in advance

thanks for all the tips/info, I really appreciate it!!

Hubby and I really enjoyed BMG in Vegas a few years back, so much that we bought the DVD the night of the show and had it autographed by one of the BM...I think the show is SO fun and creative! The music, everything, love it! I know my son will love it too, he has Asperger's (high functioning Autism) and loves music!! :D I will definitely book 45 days out as we don't wanna miss, Cirque, eh, if I miss it so be it, if I can get in okay but I won't be upset if I don't

thanks for all the tips/info, I really appreciate it!!

Hubby and I really enjoyed BMG in Vegas a few years back, so much that we bought the DVD the night of the show and had it autographed by one of the BM...I think the show is SO fun and creative! The music, everything, love it! I know my son will love it too, he has Asperger's (high functioning Autism) and loves music!! :D I will definitely book 45 days out as we don't wanna miss, Cirque, eh, if I miss it so be it, if I can get in okay but I won't be upset if I don't

My oldest has Asperger's as well. He's 17. He enjoyed BMG for sure (the one in back). :)

331-vi.jpg?1351989169

My oldest has Asperger's as well. He's 17. He enjoyed BMG for sure (the one in back). :)

331-vi.jpg?1351989169

THAT is so awesome!!! Thanks for sharing, that is so cool!!! I can't wait to show my son, I know he will love the music...and when he hears music he cant help but get his groove going lol

epic is supposed to be solo cruiser friendly but you have to reserve your seats before cruising. its unfair to solo cruisers since they don't know who they might see it with. i had to wait in a long line to find out what showings were still available. then the crew member tells me i have to go to the courtesy desk without explaining why. screw it i said to myself i won't see the show. at the end of the cruise i get called to go immediately to the courtesy desk. it turns out the credit card machine was screwing up when i got onboard but they didn't bother to try again or ask me for another card. you see i almost always spend absolutely nothing onboard and in port.i guess they figure everyone will spend money and come running to have a card approved. i couldn't book the show because my freaking credit card wasn't on file. how stupid is that? to get into a free show i had to have a credit card. i found all this out after as i spent the morning of disembarkment in a long line at the courtesy desk so they can get my card and charge me the daily tipping fee wondering why i could possibly be wanted because i didn't spend any money, trash the room, or cause any kind of problem.

epic is supposed to be solo cruiser friendly but you have to reserve your seats before cruising. its unfair to solo cruisers since they don't know who they might see it with. i had to wait in a long line to find out what showings were still available. then the crew member tells me i have to go to the courtesy desk without explaining why. screw it i said to myself i won't see the show. at the end of the cruise i get called to go immediately to the courtesy desk. it turns out the credit card machine was screwing up when i got onboard but they didn't bother to try again or ask me for another card. you see i almost always spend absolutely nothing onboard and in port.i guess they figure everyone will spend money and come running to have a card approved. i couldn't book the show because my freaking credit card wasn't on file. how stupid is that? to get into a free show i had to have a credit card. i found all this out after as i spent the morning of disembarkment in a long line at the courtesy desk so they can get my card and charge me the daily tipping fee wondering why i could possibly be wanted because i didn't spend any money, trash the room, or cause any kind of problem.

Interesting. Maybe a card needs to be in the system because it's the same one they use for excursions and dining reservations, even though they don't charge for it. As far as being "solo friendly", what do yo suggest? If you don't know when you're going to want to see the show, then how is it NCL's fault? The theater isn't large enough to allow half the ship to attend a show at the same time. You can always go into the "standby" line for any show, and with the exception of Cirque Dreams almost always get in. I guess what you're suggesting (not to put words in your mouth) is a more traditional setup with fix dining and show times with a massive theater and two show times each night you're already "signed up" for?

Archived