Blue Man Group on Epic

veryhotred

Yes, as the previous poster said, you can get in on standby in most cases. We saw some shows a second time this way. We booked ahead of time on ncl.com for some shows, at the kiosk onboard for others, and standby for others. If you see the BMG twice, sit in front (get there very early) once and sit in the back another time. Totally different perspective. Won't spoil it by saying why...maybe you should try for the front first.

One of the BMG was the staff person accompanying our excursion in France and we enjoyed having him with us. Knew who he was because they'd had one of those "Meet the Cast" programs the previous day.

Have a great cruise!

Blue Man Group is an amazing show, I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't be entertained by them.

I realize that taste is a personal thing and I don't disparage anyone that liked their show.

My Wife and I are in our mid-60's and found the regurgitation of the balls caught in the mouth of one of the participants to be crude and not funny.

There was some skill in catching the balls in the air.

Showing the inside of a member of the audience's mouth and throat was crude, gross and not funny.

The show emphasized actions likely to appeal to pre-teens. Also, much of the show as repetitive and boring.

We were accompanied by my Son and three of his friends, in their 30s and they were not impressed with the show and wanted to walk out before it was over. We convinced them to stay until the brutal end.

Yes, as the previous poster said, you can get in on standby in most cases. We saw some shows a second time this way. We booked ahead of time on ncl.com for some shows, at the kiosk onboard for others, and standby for others. If you see the BMG twice, sit in front (get there very early) once and sit in the back another time. Totally different perspective. Won't spoil it by saying why...maybe you should try for the front first.

One of the BMG was the staff person accompanying our excursion in France and we enjoyed having him with us. Knew who he was because they'd had one of those "Meet the Cast" programs the previous day.

Have a great cruise!

How early is early to get front row seats?

I realize that taste is a personal thing and I don't disparage anyone that liked their show.

My Wife and I are in our mid-60's and found the regurgitation of the balls caught in the mouth of one of the participants to be crude and not funny.

There was some skill in catching the balls in the air.

Showing the inside of a member of the audience's mouth and throat was crude, gross and not funny.

The show emphasized actions likely to appeal to pre-teens. Also, much of the show as repetitive and boring.

We were accompanied by my Son and three of his friends, in their 30s and they were not impressed with the show and wanted to walk out before it was over. We convinced them to stay until the brutal end.

Sounds like someone needs to lighten up!

• 6 months later...
Sounds like someone needs to lighten up!

Blue man group is quite possibly the worst thing i have ever seen, im 33, my gf is 28, my father watched it as well and he is 64.

I enjoy most things, but thiswas long...boring..unfunny, the material just simply was not there, it was dire.

Half the audience walked out after 30 mins, never have i seen that before on a cruise ship, i think ncl need to look at this, poor choice of entertainment.

Blue man group is quite possibly the worst thing i have ever seen, im 33, my gf is 28, my father watched it as well and he is 64.

I enjoy most things, but thiswas long...boring..unfunny, the material just simply was not there, it was dire.

Half the audience walked out after 30 mins, never have i seen that before on a cruise ship, i think ncl need to look at this, poor choice of entertainment.

I'm another that did not care for BMG show as a whole. I was interested in the first 15 minutes but after that, I could not wait to leave. I hope others enjoy it, as the other person with me really liked the show. IMO, it is not a poor choice of entertainment, it just wasn't my cup of tea. Hard to imagine, since I played the drums in my early years. Maybe I'm starting to become a geezer.................... BTW they are talented, to say the least

Glenn

Half the audience walked out after 30 mins

Exaggerate much?

Sorry you didn't enjoy the show, but many love it. It continues to grow around the country and get rave reviews, including on cruise critic. Too bad cruise lines can't find something to please everybody, but that's life

Archived