Honfleur or Fecamp/Etretat

BuddyR

We are on the Constellation TA on November 30 and cannot decide between two ship tours (which we don't normally do) for the port of Le Havre. I am not really interested in a 10 hour tour to see Paris. Which excursion would you recommend and why: Honfleur or Fecamp/Etretat. Are there better options to doing the ship's tours?

Laura

We are on the Constellation TA on November 30 and cannot decide between two ship tours (which we don't normally do) for the port of Le Havre. I am not really interested in a 10 hour tour to see Paris. Which excursion would you recommend and why: Honfleur or Fecamp/Etretat. Are there better options to doing the ship's tours?

Laura

There are taxi tours in this port - you can either go to HonFleur or you can incorporate HonFleur with other towns. If you can form a group on your roll call (6 or 8), price will be reasonable:)

If I had to choose - I would pick HonFleur - a very pretty town with a lot of history. You need time to explore on your own.:)

Laura

Laura,

We are on the same cruise, and are looking for a shorter version of the trip to Fecamp/Etreat. The ships tour doesn't get back until 7:00 and we eat at 6:00. If you hear anything, please let us know.

Sue:)

Hey,Sue!

We were also interested in Fecamp/Etretat until we found out that the tour was in the afternoon. I figure that we will be wiped out by the afternoon. I guess it will probably be Honfleur.

Laura

We are just back from Europe (yesterday) and have often driven to Honfleur (we often drive in Europe) and have also driven to both Fecamp and Etrat. The problem for the OP is that November 30 is horrribly out of season and this part of France can be quite cold. In addition, in Fecamp and Etrat you will find quite a few shops and cafes closed for the season (this places are primarily sea resorts). As to Honfleur, we really enjoy this picturesque town but primarily go there to enjoy a long lunch at one of the outdoor cafes arranged around the small harbor. On November 30th you would most likely be limited to dining inside. To be really honest we would not normally go to any of these 3 cities in late November since these are all primarily seasonal towns. Instead, if Paris is out of consideration, we would probably take the train to Rouen for the day.

Hank

Archived