Liquor Store in Ft. Lauderdale Terminal?

RS79

My wife and I are cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale later this month, and were wondering if we need to pack wine. In other ports, there is a duty-free liquor store right in the cruise terminal. Is this true in the new Ft. Lauderdale terminal? Thanks.

you can place an order with Total Wine on their website and they'll have it packed and ready for you to pick up pre cruise. then all you have to do is stick a luggage tag on it give it to a porter at the terminal and it'll be delivered to your cabin!:)

One more vote for Total Wine in FLL. Their wine selection is mind boggling with rows of wine in high displays. They give us a used wine box that wine was delivered to them and we pack it up. They tape it for us so all we have to do is slap a luggage tag on it and check it with our luggage. We could order the wine ahead of time but love picking our own from the very large selection - makes for a nice afternoon adventure before boarding the ship the next day.

Lots of European and Asian terminals have duty free stores.

After several trips to Rome, we finallly discovered that there is a grocery store in the train station that sells wine and liquor. Duh. I wish someone would have told us that years ago.

My wife and I like to have a glass or two of wine before evening meals. On the past 2-3 cruises, we just went to Vines and bought a couple of bottles to enjoy from their wine selection, but we would much rather bring a few bottles of our own favorites.

In reading this thread, bringing your "preboxed selections" sounds like you are taking more than the Princess policy of only one bottle of wine per person. Am I safe to assume that Princess isn't following this policy at Port Everglades or is it a crap shoot. We would love to bring a 4-6 bottles when we board but don't want it confiscated.

Chuck & Sue Ann

"pairodocs"

My wife and I like to have a glass or two of wine before evening meals. On the past 2-3 cruises, we just went to Vines and bought a couple of bottles to enjoy from their wine selection, but we would much rather bring a few bottles of our own favorites.

In reading this thread, bringing your "preboxed selections" sounds like you are taking more than the Princess policy of only one bottle of wine per person. Am I safe to assume that Princess isn't following this policy at Port Everglades or is it a crap shoot. We would love to bring a 4-6 bottles when we board but don't want it confiscated.

Chuck & Sue Ann

"pairodocs"

In March we went to Publix and bought some salty snacks (hard to find crunchy, salty snacks on board), some limes, cranberry juice and Simply Limeade to mix with our pre-ordered "gift" Vodka. Then we went to Total Wine and bought several bottles of wine and some mixers. Total wine gave us a case box which we used to pack up our "provisions", we put a luggage tag on it and sent it with our luggage. When we received it, it had been opened for inspection, re-taped and sent on it's way. The case box that we got was a Dewars Scotch box, so maybe they were just making sure we weren't bringing on a case of scotch.! :eek: Others from current "live" threads have reported bringing on 5 bottles at a time. BTW, this was out of FLL.

Archived