Carnival PRIDE Cruise To Nowhere Review (And PICTURES) 11-2-12

valancy1

Hello Debra,

Great review as allways. I hope you had a good time, it seems you did but I bet it was different not having Barry around. I sure hope you make it to platinum. I think you will at the rate your going.:) I will be mailing you some pictures as I did get my watch finally. Tell Barry we said Hi and talk to you soon.

Brent & Sally

Thanks for the review & for the fabulous pictures! :D! I was on this cruise also (and also solo & loved it ;)). Looking at your avatar, you look very much like the woman who was on the slot machine to my left...on Saturday afternoon when I hit a jackpot. Was that you?

Nice review!

Which show did you enjoy most? My group group seemed to vote for day 2 Wonderful World even though we like the music the first night better.

We actually cruised all the way down to 25 miles from Cape Hatteras. It got a little rough when we turned around since the wind was coming from the North. I wish we had left at the planned time so that we might have been able to see the bay bridge. We were supposed to have muster at 3:30 but it was more like 4:30.

Nice review!

Which show did you enjoy most? My group group seemed to vote for day 2 Wonderful World even though we like the music the first night better.

We actually cruised all the way down to 25 miles from Cape Hatteras. It got a little rough when we turned around since the wind was coming from the North. I wish we had left at the planned time so that we might have been able to see the bay bridge. We were supposed to have muster at 3:30 but it was more like 4:30.

Thanks for adding this comment... very true on the Bridge/muster thing.

I enjoyed the Wonderful World one better, too and the music was better on the first one (though I only saw part of that because we were in the dining room still eating at 10:30).

Thanks for the review & for the fabulous pictures! :D! I was on this cruise also (and also solo & loved it ;)). Looking at your avatar, you look very much like the woman who was on the slot machine to my left...on Saturday afternoon when I hit a jackpot. Was that you?

Glad you liked them! I don't remember sitting next to someone that hit a jackpot... I have never seen that, actually. Maybe I was so concentrating that I didn't realize. If you whooped and hollered because of said jackpot, it probably wasn't me else I would have remembered that. :-/

I had on a pink shirt with the word ARUBA on it... was it me?

Glad you liked them! I don't remember sitting next to someone that hit a jackpot... I have never seen that, actually. Maybe I was so concentrating that I didn't realize. If you whooped and hollered because of said jackpot, it probably wasn't me else I would have remembered that. :-/

I had on a pink shirt with the word ARUBA on it... was it me?

Maybe it wasn't you...but she looked alot like you! When it happened, I threw my arms up in the air & yelled Woohoo! All the bells & whistles went off!

1160380644_HittingtheJackpot.jpg.ae62bf787187a1e2150f7fa0a7822a51.jpg

Maybe it wasn't you...but she looked alot like you! When it happened, I threw my arms up in the air & yelled Woohoo! All the bells & whistles went off!

[ATTACH]250834[/ATTACH]

Mystery solved... as soon as I saw it was a $1 machine, I knew it wasn't me. LOL... I hope you won BIG. I would just ONE TIME love to win something at a slot machine. I have decided to give them up altogether, even though I think it's a lot of fun. :(

If you cruise on Pride, it's worth watching the short little documentary where Mr. Farkus talks about how he decided on the design of the ship... he explains some of what is in Butterflies Lounge, as well as the other common, public areas.

Was this documentary on the ship or elsewhere?

Great review!

Thanks for adding this comment... very true on the Bridge/muster thing.

I enjoyed the Wonderful World one better, too and the music was better on the first one (though I only saw part of that because we were in the dining room still eating at 10:30).

I was disappointed that we left so late, I guess that is why I remembered the time. Sounds like you had slow service in the dining room, too.

I forgot to mention that I am glad you got your camera back and had a picture of yourself even if it was only your feet!

Enjoying reliving my cruise through your eyes and pictures!

I was disappointed that we left so late, I guess that is why I remembered the time. Sounds like you had slow service in the dining room, too.

I forgot to mention that I am glad you got your camera back and had a picture of yourself even if it was only your feet!

Enjoying reliving my cruise through your eyes and pictures!

Aww, thanks!

I remember... I got my picture taken on embarkation by a person working on Lido. I had just downloaded it off my camera to keep space free, so it wasn't there when I lost it...

DSC03757.jpg

Thanks for the great review. My wife and I decided to go last minute (I booked Thursday night!) and we had a great time. We had cruised out of Bmore before on Enchantment and wanted to try Carnival to see how it compared. Pride was fun and did lots of things very well, but I think we've decided we prefer Enchanmtment overall. But we love cruising, especially all the fun people you get to meet. Hope to see ya out there sometime!:)

Thanks for the great review. My wife and I decided to go last minute (I booked Thursday night!) and we had a great time. We had cruised out of Bmore before on Enchantment and wanted to try Carnival to see how it compared. Pride was fun and did lots of things very well, but I think we've decided we prefer Enchanmtment overall. But we love cruising, especially all the fun people you get to meet. Hope to see ya out there sometime!:)

If it were me, I wouldn't base an entire brand on a 2-day cruise... but that's just me :)

DSC03872.jpg

DSC03868.jpg

Muster was muster. If you have not cruised before, you have to do a Safety briefing that is required in order to leave the port. They put you on an ugly deck ewith the lifeboats and show you how to put on your life preserver.

Time for sailaway! They sounded an incredibly loud horn (more than half my cruises didn't use the horn) and we were starting to sail away.

DSC03802.jpg

I was hoping to see the ship go under the Bay Bridge, but it was pitch black when that happened and so I didn't see it--leaving or coming back. I hope the next time we cruise on Pride, we get a chance to see it. There was another bridge, though we cruised underneath on our way out to sea:

DSC03807.jpg

DSC03808.jpg

And WBAL came by and hovered, waving at us as we made our way out to sea:

DSC03805.jpg

That "other" bridge that you went under was the Francis Scott Key Bridge. I am from Baltimore and enjoying the pics that you have posted.

Friday night I saw part of the show in the Taj Mahal theatre. They did a decent number, but one thing that I and others noticed about this troupe is how out of sync they were. It almost looked like a high school musical with their timing. The singing and costumes, music, etc. were great like usual; it almost seemed as tho they hadn't practiced.

I had to laugh when I read this, because my husband and I noticed that as well! We were speculating whether the dancers had just learned the choreography the day before, or if the cast was just still hung over from their week of partying during the storm (as was reported by one of the bartenders :) ). The Wonderful World show the next night was much better by comparison.

By the way, if you squint hard at your photo of the Serenity deck you can see my husband and me through the slats on the left. We were bundled up reading on one the big round lounges, determined to enjoy the fresh air!

Thank you for the review. I dont how you did it. I couldnt go by myself. How did you meet friends etc?

I travel for a living so I am with strangers far more than I am with people that I know. I met with people at my "single's table". It really isn't that hard... :)

GeorgiaMom here -

I've been keeping up with your reviews and I need some help from you.

I'm trying to do a review of our cruise on the legend and can't get my pictures to post on the boards here. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Do you still have your same email? If not, if you still have mine will you emaill me and maybe you can help me get my pictures posted!

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Archived