Semi-Handicap tours

blazerjan

Both my DH and I have trouble walking long distances. We are looking for a tour of St Lucia that will include things like the Pitons and the Drive In volcano plus other island highlights ... that does not require a lot of walking. We are also not interested in any beach time... would rather spend our time sight seeing this beautiful island. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. BTW... the cruise line does offer a tour similar to what I am looking for but it is an 8 hour tour... and includes beach time. That is probably longer then we want to be on a tour.

Both my DH and I have trouble walking long distances. We are looking for a tour of St Lucia that will include things like the Pitons and the Drive In volcano plus other island highlights ... that does not require a lot of walking. We are also not interested in any beach time... would rather spend our time sight seeing this beautiful island. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. BTW... the cruise line does offer a tour similar to what I am looking for but it is an 8 hour tour... and includes beach time. That is probably longer then we want to be on a tour.

Most tours do involve some walking, especially at the volcano and botanical gardens. The volcano has a fair amount of steps if you take the tour portion otherwise, you can just wait at the top and look -but you don't get the info/history, etc. The botanical gardens (depending on which tour & gardens) can be a longish walk, but mostly flat or a shorter walk, still mostly flat. Most all include some beach time - anywhere from 45 minutes to hour and a half. The beach between the Pitons is spectacular, really not to be missed. The views alone are worth the stop, whether you go in the water or not. Have a drink by the beach bar and take in the amazing views.

There is a tour company that specializes in handicapped tours: Tropical Dreams St. Lucia or MyTropicalDreams dot net. Perhaps they may be able to help.

Most comprehensive independent island tours are around 6 or so hours. Good luck.

I can only walk short distances too, but we did the tour with Cosol Tours. At the volcano I waited at the place where they have some souvenir sellers who found a seat for me. My OH visited the sulphur springs.

Myself and OH are not beach fans either, but we sat on a sunbed under the trees or we could have gone to the beach bar if we'd wanted.

Yellowbird, our guide was very helpful and ensured I could manage to get on/off the mini bus and the boat which took us to the beach. Would definately recommend the tour, it was one of the highlights of our cruise.

I also took a folding manual wheelchair with me and it wasn't a problem.

Archived