How long have you had your PVP?

ThisFemmeKat

Have been with ours 5 years, she is GREAT, we even put her through a whole wedding cruise that ended up getting cancelled she didnt even bat an eye. fixed everything. She even got us through the splendor fire, wouldnt trade her for anything...

I have dealt with some less than stellar PVPs since 2009 (for 1st cruise with CCL in 2010). I have also used an online company TA guy and he wasn't all that wonderful either. I have booked online myself too. I just did the last minute 2 day Pride cruise to nowhere and happened to discover, by just calling to book, a really really good PVP. I wish I could tell you her name and extension.

I know you cannot say who your PVP is.. I was just wondering how long you have had your current PVP? I used to have one for a while but he left the company and now every person I speak to seems to be new and not very knowledgable.. I was wondering if there are any old school PVPs left.. Again.. I dont want this thread deleted, so please do not divulge the PVPs name or info.. just how long you have been working with them.

I used one for my first two cruisers, but i don't like being tied down to one person. Since then i just book online and call any PVP whenever i have questions.

We have had the same awesome PVP since 2001, our first cruise. There have been a

few years between our up coming March 2013 cruise, but she still knows everything about us. Our PVP even asked about our children and their university choices IN Canada. We were going to meet her one year before our cruise, but our flight was late in getting to Miami. I feel like I've known her forever. I love our PVP !!!

I used one for my first two cruisers, but i don't like being tied down to one person. Since then i just book online and call any PVP whenever i have questions.

Interesting concept.:confused:

You trust their judgement when you have questions but not enought to book with them. :rolleyes:

For the record. Their pay is dependent on bookings and directly rises and falls based on number of bookings and sales of insurance.

I guess being in sales this strikes a nerve with me when people want to tap into my knowledge and have no intention to purchase a single thing from me.

Just an observation and something for folks to think about.

I have had the same pvp for the last three years he is great i hope he dosnt leave .I found him well he found me after i was searching on line he cold called me the next day we talk for a minute told him i wasn't ready to book he said ok have a great day then he sent me his card in the mail the following week i kept it for future use because the TA i had book 4 cruises with before was getting harder to deal with ..the more i learned about cruiseing the less helpfull she became the final straw with her was when she refused to process a price drop she said she dosnt work for free i told her fine i will take my money some where else and my aunt who runs a freinds and family cruise every year stoped working with her the following week she lost 30 bookings that week ..

:cool:We have had ours since 2000 - he will call 2 times a year to see if we are looking at booking a cruise or I will call him when we are ready. In fact will be calling him soon to book a b2b in about Feb - we usually research and find what we want then call. We are fortunate to be retired and can go whenever we want

We've cruised Carnival 3 times with #4 coming in December. Each time, I've found the cruise that I wanted and called Carnival's 800#. I assume this means that I don't have a PVP. Whoever answered the phone the last time was fine. Is there anyway to find out who she was?

[quote name='Nars Glinley']We've cruised Carnival 3 times with #4 coming in December. Each time, I've found the cruise that I wanted and called Carnival's 800#. I assume this means that I don't have a PVP. Whoever answered the phone the last time was fine. Is there anyway to find out who she was?[/QUOTE]

If you find one you like you can get their extension #. I just book with whoever answers the phone.

Archived