Martinique beach question

cochin321

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have enjoyed Pointe De Bout in the past. It's clean , friendly, easy ferry ride and closest beach to get to from the ship.

Hi, I am thinking of booking a cruise with this stop on it. May consider a ship day since I can't seem to find something I really want to do here. A beach day may be nice. How far time wise is the beach from the ship? Thanks.

Martinique is one of the Caribbean treasures, but you need to get out of Port de France. We have been to both the Norht and South ends of the islands. The north has black sand beaches and the volcano. The south has some beautiful country side and excellent beaches.

The beach across the the bay from the port is man-made and surrounded by hotels, not our type of vacation spot.

Martinique is one of the Caribbean treasures, but you need to get out of Port de France. We have been to both the Norht and South ends of the islands. The north has black sand beaches and the volcano. The south has some beautiful country side and excellent beaches.

The beach across the the bay from the port is man-made and surrounded by hotels, not our type of vacation spot.

Oh the black sand beach sound intriguing. ( And there is a volcano?) I will have to do more research to see what catches my fancy. I have a while to go. Thanks.

Oh the black sand beach sound intriguing. ( And there is a volcano?) I will have to do more research to see what catches my fancy. I have a while to go. Thanks.

It is one of the best, but seldom visited islands. Martinique is a French territory and they dump a lot of money into the island. The roads are super highways.

The north side is very mountainous and deep green...like the hills in Vermont with heavy tropical growth.

The south is rolling hills and pastures with sea port towns like the Cape.

We grew up in New England. Have been to Martinique 3 times and can't wait to return. Just remember they only accept Euros.

We have rented a car from Budget the past 2 times. They are located right near the port. It is very easy to drive, helps that I took 2 years of French in high school many years ago.

If you don't want to rent, the ships have a moderately priced excursion tht takes you up the norht coast to the volcano. Mt. Pelee, it wiped out the entire town when it erruted ~ 100 years ago. Only 1 survivor.

Archived