Which rooms for 7 people?

emeltee

We will be sailing next summer in Alaska on either the Island, Coral, Diamond or Sapphire. We are the following: my parents 80, 72, Dh, me, DD1 8, DD2 4, and my brother.

What combination of rooms should we get? Here is almost of preferences, though I realize all may not be possible.

Balcony in at last one room

Connecting rooms - when youngest needs to nap, she can sleep in one room by herself while the others hang out.

Most likely it will be me,DH and two kids in one room and my brother and parents in another.

Thanks!

ETA: I suppose I should have written cabin vs room. Sorry! I'm so new to cruising, I don't have the lingo down yet.

We will be sailing next summer in Alaska on either the Island, Coral, Diamond or Sapphire. We are the following: my parents 80, 72, Dh, me, DD1 8, DD2 4, and my brother.

What combination of rooms should we get? Here is almost of preferences, though I realize all may not be possible.

Balcony in at last one room

Connecting rooms - when youngest needs to nap, she can sleep in one room by herself while the others hang out.

Most likely it will be me,DH and two kids in one room and my brother and parents in another.

Thanks!

ETA: I suppose I should have written cabin vs room. Sorry! I'm so new to cruising, I don't have the lingo down yet.

Don't count on finding connecting cabins.But agree with the 2 mini suites. (you can open the divider on the balcony between the cabins

The Diamond/Sapphire/Coral/Island are the only ships in Alaska with true (interior door between cabins) connecting cabins.

Really the only Princess ships other then the R ships that have any connecting rooms at all.

Although few and far between they are great.

The Diamond/Sapphire/Coral/Island are the only ships in Alaska with true (interior door between cabins) connecting cabins.

Really the only Princess ships other then the R ships that have any connecting rooms at all.

Although few and far between they are great.

Aren't those only balcony cabins, not mini-suites?

Why not 2 connecting mini suites?

Your parents can have the bed, your brother can sleep on the couch.

You and your husband can have the bed, and if possible, your girls can share the fold out bed.

I was thinking mini suite. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything like a regular suite that might suit our needs. Thanks!

Don't know the configuration of all the different ships but we once had a 'family suite' which comprised of a King Bed and 2 sofa beds in the main room and then through an internal connecting door into a room with 4 'bunk' style beds. There were two bathrooms: a standard shower room in the second stateroom and in the main bedroom a bathroom with full bath, not to mention SUITE STATUS!

Don't know the configuration of all the different ships but we once had a 'family suite' which comprised of a King Bed and 2 sofa beds in the main room and then through an internal connecting door into a room with 4 'bunk' style beds. There were two bathrooms: a standard shower room in the second stateroom and in the main bedroom a bathroom with full bath, not to mention SUITE STATUS!

How many people did you have in this section suite?

Hi emeltee, there were only 2 of us in the entire two rooms(!) it was an upgrade from a mini. There was a lot of room. The main room was approximatelt 1.5 times the size of a mini, with 3 TV's! one in each bed/sofabed section. This room was an 'L' shape and the second bed room had another TV and 4 bunk style beds, fridge and shower bathroom, The door between the bedrooms was lockable and the rooms both had 'front' doors to the corridor. The second bedroom seemed to be slightly bigger than a standard inside cabin. If you have a look on the princess website and go to the Grand Princess deck plan look at Dolphin D106 and click on the room it will give you a floorplan of the suite. Hope this helps a bit.

Archived