Come on Cunard...just answer the question...

alibabacruisers

I had been wondering if QM2 had a tailor/seamstress onboard. After checking on the Cunard forums I found several threads but they were from 2005, 2007 and 2009; so I thought I would go straight to the horses mouth so to speak, so I emailed Cunard. Well the day after I emailed them (have to give them credit for getting back to me so quickly) I received an email saying "please contact us during business hours to discuss your enquiry"! Now, maybe I am a bit slow or something but I figured my question was a simple yes or no...why would I need to call and discuss it?

Can anyone tell me if you have recent experience with there being a seamstress/tailor onboard to help passengers?

Barbara

I had been wondering if QM2 had a tailor/seamstress onboard. After checking on the Cunard forums I found several threads but they were from 2005, 2007 and 2009; so I thought I would go straight to the horses mouth so to speak, so I emailed Cunard. Well the day after I emailed them (have to give them credit for getting back to me so quickly) I received an email saying "please contact us during business hours to discuss your enquiry"! Now, maybe I am a bit slow or something but I figured my question was a simple yes or no...why would I need to call and discuss it?

Can anyone tell me if you have recent experience with there being a seamstress/tailor onboard to help passengers?

Barbara

I had a pair of trousers shortened while on board QV in September. However, this was achieved simply by asking the cabin steward if he knew anyone on board who could do that kind of job. Needless to say he did - he organised everything, a young lady duly arrived, measured up the trousers, took them away for a couple of hours and then brought them back duly shortened. The work she did was very professional and she only asked for $10 in payment. I gave her £10 and she seemed pretty happy with that. I would recommend asking the cabin steward, but it may be that your tailoring requirement are a bit more complex than mine.

J

The current White Star employee of the month on QM2 is a seamstress. Alterations for passengers isn't an official service offered but, as others have said, if you ask housekeeping (via Pursers desk or your steward), they will usually be keen to earn some extra money by doing your alterations. Shore-side won't be able to commit to this.

Barbara

Sorry I know it was unintentional but " after checking on several threads" made me chuckle

Sorry I know it was unintentional but " after checking on several threads" made me chuckle

Yeah, sounded like there was a bit of needle involved in that remark. I'm still reeling from reading it. Still, you can't beat a good yarn can you? Think I'll just keep on bobbin' in and out of here to see how things are progressing.

:D

J

Archived