IE sold

carolynne15

Hi C15, It wouldn't suprise if it has been sold, it's been on the market for ages? but then again why are Thomsons taking bookings and advertising AI as standard...I'm booked on next july ..we will have to watch this space as they say.

Also must admit to being on the ship in question in early October and a lot of high profile Thomson staff were on board showing some Foreigners around ;)

C15, this has happened to me twice now with the "IE" being shelved for the winter season and each time they have transfered us to another Thomson ship with a cash incentive and upgrade. Not to fussed to tell the truth...some rumours come true some don't but as they say , no smoke with out fire :confused:

Don't be put off by the bad reports re the "IE" it's like marmite? you either love it of hate it :D

At the end of the day the Island Escape "did" have a certain aura about it, but it's the people you meet that makes a holiday and yes maybe a change will be good as long as the the "new" Escape keeps the same sort of passengers that we like to party with? exciting times ahead.

At the end of the day the Island Escape "did" have a certain aura about it, but it's the people you meet that makes a holiday and yes maybe a change will be good as long as the the "new" Escape keeps the same sort of passengers that we like to party with? exciting times ahead.

If only they'd kept the Island Star! :rolleyes:

If it is definitely true and you won't be sailing on it again, will you miss the IE or would you be pleased at a new ship?

Sailed on the Island Escape October 2011 (partner and myself in our 50¨s) after the cruise line we had booked with went bust the weekend before we were due to sail and this was the only choice at the same price and area. Loved it so much we were back again October 16th with 8 friends and we all had a fantastic time. Excellent crew, good food, our type of entertainment and some lovely passengers (mind some moaners too). Ticks all the boxes for us and we have booked again for 26th March 2013 so hope the sale takes a while to go through.

Would we miss it? You bet we would

Denise

Sailed on the Island Escape October 2011 (partner and myself in our 50¨s) after the cruise line we had booked with went bust the weekend before we were due to sail and this was the only choice at the same price and area. Loved it so much we were back again October 16th with 8 friends and we all had a fantastic time. Excellent crew, good food, our type of entertainment and some lovely passengers (mind some moaners too). Ticks all the boxes for us and we have booked again for 26th March 2013 so hope the sale takes a while to go through.

Would we miss it? You bet we would

Denise

Seems as though crew have been made redundant already and won't be back on it. Apparently its been sold to a company in Korea.

I've got a feeling the current Thomson Majesty might be being transferred. Has just disappeared from Louis Cruises website under its charter lists and on its main list of ships. Perhaps they'll be something announced tomorrow. Thomson still saying at the moment that they can't discuss these sort of matters. Says to me they know but are waiting to give a press release. Will see tomorrow... :confused:

Thomson still saying 'we cannot discuss these matters'. Think it is most certainly sold though judging by what people are saying on Facebook with the contacts they have with the crew.

Apollo still have a contract until 2014 (ships chandlers/crew etc) and Island Escape still advertising...somethings not right?

The Apollo contract seems to have been pulled. On their press release section, when you click on the one regarding IE, you are redirected to the homepage:

http://www.theapollogroup.com/press-release/

However, all the other press releases work fine.

Regarding Thomson Majesty, doesn't look like it will become an Island ship as it has now been booked into Palma in 2014 to replace Thomson Dream in July and August. More likely Destiny now I would think? :confused:

We'll see what happens next week...

Out of interest just spoke to thomson and they have no Knowledge of the Island Escape being sold...yeah right ;)

Seems like they're giving the same standard answer. Chances are though that probably most staff haven't been told yet. :rolleyes:

If I had to take a guess, staff might be told tomorrow, tomorrow night IE cruises are stopped be sold on the Thomson website, and then they make an announcement officially on Tuesday morning. Only a guess though. ;)

Going down the same route that Thomson used in March with Destiny/Majesty issue (or debacle!).

Archived