The last night of a cruise

Muushka

We pack early; we're good at it so it doesn't take long. We're partial to piano bars, so we'll spend time there, or whatever other venues are still going strong.

DW isn't given to staying up outrageously late, but I want to savor my time at sea as much as possible, so after she turns in I go upstairs to the buffet for a slice of pizza. I take a book with me and read on deck, or sometimes I just stare at the water. We probably live as far from the Pacific and Atlantic as you can get in North America, so being near, let alone on, an ocean is a real treat for me. I'll go to bed only when I find I can't keep my eyes open any longer.

For those who find the last night unbearably sad, might I suggest, if possible, that you stay a few days in the city where you disembark. Go out for a nice dinner, or do something else that appeals. Think of it as a transition zone between home and the idyllic life you lived on board.

And start planning your next adventure.

You don't have to put your luggage out the night before if you are willing to carry or roll it all off on your own. You only have to put your luggage out if you want the ship to deal with getting it off the ship.

Sweet news, indeed! We now have a new packing plan, and are ready and able to roll our cases off in the morning.

Thanks for making our last morning easier.

Archived