Change in booking

Roselima

We've booked a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn, March 31 sailing, but, I've been reading this board and now want to reconsider and go on the Norwegian Epic March 30. How easy or difficult is it to switch ships? I haven't called my travel agent yet .

We have never had a problem (our upcoming cruise was actually switched to a different ship 3 times before we settled on the one we decided to do).

Each TA is different. Some have a cancellation policy that you will have to pay if you cancel. Others don't. Some have a policy that as long as you are cancelling and rebooking with them, then there is no charge.

Also, any deals you might have recieved for that booking (OBC from the TA and the cruiseline or gifts-bottles of wine, or whatever the promotion was), you will lose. However, that's not to say that you "could" get a better deal with the new ship you pick. It all just depends on the "special" they are running. :)

We have done that once. Since it was before final payment, as I believe it is for you, it was essentially a cancellation and rebook. Our initial deposit was fully refunded and then we made a new reservation with a new deposit, different rates, different on-board credit, etc. Our TA did not charge a rebooking fee, but some do. I've not heard of moving the reservation i.e. retaining the original rates and OBC, but someone on CC may have. Good luck and have fun on whichever cruise you take:).

Archived