New Cruise Brochure

THOMSON STRIKE AGAIN.:(

It wasn't my usual TA that phoned me about the brochure and when hubby went to collect it today he was told they weren't out until next month!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Wish they would get their act together and give us proper info.

It wasn't my usual TA that phoned me about the brochure and when hubby went to collect it today he was told they weren't out until next month!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

You should have looked on here Mary. :) I was told on Wednesday that the brochures are not out until next month :(

Brochure coming out Thursday, 13 December when they launch the rest of the itineraries. Expected them to do a Caribbean brochure for yesterday as they sometimes do, but this time no. Obviously just trying to save on printing costs. Annoying that all other cruise lines have their itineraries that go up to April 2014, with many getting ready to release summer 2014 in January time, yet we're still waiting for next November sailings. :(

Brochure coming out Thursday, 13 December when they launch the rest of the itineraries. Expected them to do a Caribbean brochure for yesterday as they sometimes do, but this time no. Obviously just trying to save on printing costs. Annoying that all other cruise lines have their itineraries that go up to April 2014, with many getting ready to release summer 2014 in January time, yet we're still waiting for next November sailings. :(

The thing that is so annoying is the staff just don't know what they are doing.

I wonder how many other people she called that day to let them know about a non existent brochure:(

You should have looked on here Mary. :) I was told on Wednesday that the brochures are not out until next month :(

Oops sorry Linda didn't see this when I've just replied to Sailaway.

Must have missed that on here. It's just so annoying when the staff don't know what they are doing plus the fact hubby trailed into town specially.:(

Glad I was not the person he spoke to in the shop:eek:

Just spotted further down even Dave thought it was the 15th.

Hi Mary,

Yes I went into the shop on Wednesday and asked about the brochure and she said it would be available on Thursday and then after chatting with her colleague she said "Sorry the brochure won't be out until next month, but you can book the cruises from tomorrow!" She didn't say it was only the Caribbean. As you say they don't know what they are talking about. I thought you had to go to college and do travel studies or whatever it is called. What do they learn then - they don't seem to have a very extensive knowledge of where places are or what airports you fly to for any given destination:(

I reckon we, on here, could do a better job:rolleyes:;)

Hi Mary,

Yes I went into the shop on Wednesday and asked about the brochure and she said it would be available on Thursday and then after chatting with her colleague she said "Sorry the brochure won't be out until next month, but you can book the cruises from tomorrow!" She didn't say it was only the Caribbean. As you say they don't know what they are talking about. I thought you had to go to college and do travel studies or whatever it is called. What do they learn then - they don't seem to have a very extensive knowledge of where places are or what airports you fly to for any given destination:(

I reckon we, on here, could do a better job:rolleyes:;)

Def agree with you there:):)

I am lucky with my usual TA as she goes on lots of Thomson cruises herself so she knows the ships etc. but if I had to use anyone else or even customer services I would rather ask advice on here.

If Thomson think releasing their brochures out of sinc with everyone else is good for business they are wrong. I am thinking about winter 2013 and have already decided against the caribbean. so now i have to wait until december to find out about the other ships :( i might just miss out on a winter cruise and have longer summer ones.

I had a look online as was thinking of doing Caribbean again in 2014 but there is no incentive to book early - no free AI.

Might as well wait to see if I can get a better price by booking nearer the time - or might see what any other lines are offering!!!!!:eek:

I noticed that they are offering on board credit of £50 each, but you have to choose it with a drop down box. Hope people don't book and miss out because they don't realise it is there. :eek:

Thats the idea, hopefully lots of punters won't notice. like with giving you a 23kg luggage allowance. then you notice you have to pay for it.

More examples of a 'that airline' approach:mad:

there is little incentive to book early for caribbean cruises anyway. Why not have a stand-off like what happened to P&O. Booking dropped so much they panicked and introduced Vantage fares. Costing millions in extra obc for those who had already booked.

I notice Thomson Dream cruises are a couple of hundred cheaper than P&O but then you have the crappy cabins, plus the hidden extras, plus my 7.5% onboard spend discount on P&O

Have been in Torquay for a few days and I went in the shop on the 14th and they had the long haul holiday brochure for 2013/14. Went in the next day again and asked for the cruise one but no luck, she didn't even have a clue when it was coming in. Not good as all other cruise lines have theirs.

I noticed that they are offering on board credit of £50 each, but you have to choose it with a drop down box. Hope people don't book and miss out because they don't realise it is there. :eek:
And they are STILL putting the extra luggage on :eek: (25kg) and you have to remove it :(

I notice Thomson Dream cruises are a couple of hundred cheaper than P&O but then you have the crappy cabins, plus the hidden extras, plus my 7.5% onboard spend discount on P&O

Hmm...I wouldn't say they were crappy - they are certainly much bigger then on a lot of ships including big ones like IOTS and they are being refurbished :)

Hmm...I wouldn't say they were crappy - they are certainly much bigger then on a lot of ships including big ones like IOTS and they are being refurbished :)

the single ones might well be

either right at the front with potential wave slap noises etc or on higher decks right aft but then you may have noise/vibration problems.

I am not willing to spend over a thousand pounds to find out. :(

I went into a First Choice shop on Saturday regarding brochure only to be told the same as everyone else. In fact she had no idea how she was supposed to sell something (as Caribbean 2014 is available for sale) when nobody could actually see what they were booking (if you get my meaning). I did say about no incentives for early booking and she did mention the £50 onboard credit. However £50 doesn't go very far and I wouldn't consider that much of an incentive.:confused:

If were talking about the winter brochure for cruises its out,got mine today.Most dissapointed though as the new brochure still has David Barby down as guest speaker to do the uk cruise next August,as he passed away in July I think it was,I did post about this a while ago as we spoke to our T/A and they rang Thomson to find out if was going to be replaced,but they had no idea at that time, got the impression that they didnt know anyway. Can anyone supply me with contact details for me to have a word with them about this?

If were talking about the winter brochure for cruises its out,got mine today.Most dissapointed though as the new brochure still has David Barby down as guest speaker to do the uk cruise next August,as he passed away in July I think it was,I did post about this a while ago as we spoke to our T/A and they rang Thomson to find out if was going to be replaced,but they had no idea at that time, got the impression that they didnt know anyway. Can anyone supply me with contact details for me to have a word with them about this?

Is that brochure till April 2014, or up to October 2013?

Archived