Condition of Zenith? Condition of Horizon?

05mak05

We'd like to attend a spur-of-the-moment wedding in Bermuda in July. We're taking a hard look at the Horizon out of Philadelphia as our mode of transportation. When I called yesterday, I was really surprised to hear that these ships do not have balconies. The agent assured me that although the ships were older, both had been completed revamped and were in pristine condition. I'd really appreciate some feedback as we have cold feet about booking another Celebrity cruise. (We were on the Galaxy in February and had a room that was in very bad repair. We tried to maintain upbeat, cheerful attitudes but the rundown condition of the room was very difficult to overcome.) Should we look at a particular deck? Aft oceanview rooms?

I was on Horizon in Feb for 10 days for the second time. Overall the ship was in excellent shape. This was my 18th cruise. The carpet on deck five in the guest relations area has pretty massive stains from the very high seas breaching the large access doors. The carpet is not worn out. Only stained and it would be foolish to replace just because of these stains, especially since guests spend very little time there. DR food and service throughout was beyond compare. The two cruises on Horizon were two of the best of my 18. Crew is fantastic. Everything was a tad better than the rest of the fleet and Celebrity remains my line of choice.

We'd like to attend a spur-of-the-moment wedding in Bermuda in July. We're taking a hard look at the Horizon out of Philadelphia as our mode of transportation. When I called yesterday, I was really surprised to hear that these ships do not have balconies. The agent assured me that although the ships were older, both had been completed revamped and were in pristine condition. I'd really appreciate some feedback as we have cold feet about booking another Celebrity cruise. (We were on the Galaxy in February and had a room that was in very bad repair. We tried to maintain upbeat, cheerful attitudes but the rundown condition of the room was very difficult to overcome.) Should we look at a particular deck? Aft oceanview rooms?

We sailed on the Horizon back in Mar/Apr and felt that the ship was in excellent shape considering her age. I would not classify it though as pristine and completely revamped but rather well maintained for a 15 yr old ship. The cabin balcony rage did not happen until after the Zenith and Horizon were built.

The aft facing cabins on the Horizon/Zenith are not considered to be the best cabins because of noise/vibration based on several posts/reviews that I have read. Plus the aft cabins don't have the larger size attraction that makes them desirable on the Century and Millennium class ships.

I was on Horizon in mid-April and thought she was in great shape. Clean and well maintained, but not spankin' brand new. Mom & I stayed in a Horizon Suite and were completely happy. The public rooms are very pretty, there's a nice amount of teak decking on the ship, and the dining room food is TOPS. We liked it so much we're taking Zenith to Bermuda next year.

We've done two 14 night cruises on Zenith the past two years and they have really been our best cruises. True, no balconies, but outstanding service and crew attitude. The smaller size of both Horizon and Zenith is considered a plus by a lot of people and both ships have a very high percentage of repeat cruisers.

The ship is well maintained and everything worked on our trips. Not brand new, but well and properly maintained and cared for.

Archived