Another cave tubing question, jumping off rock

reerun25

We did cave tubing with VIV Tours and our group did jump off the rock. We had a great tour and had the limosines of tubes compared to all the other tour companies out there. My husband guesses the jump to be about 16-20 feet. I would highly recommend this company. Great tubes and great staff.

So I have read many reviews and decided to book with cavetubing dot bz. Just wondering if anyone that has used them recently know if you get to stop and jump off the rock, and if so, how high is the jump? Thanks..

I'm booked with them next month. I'll definitely report back and answer any questions :-)

Well, I know that bz got new tubes, with headrest and they now link instead of under armpit, so that, plus the included lunch, and the positive reviews is why I went with them. Plus they were running a special if you booked before Oct 31st. Aloesch, love to hear your review!!

Although we haven't been there "recently", we were there last September and .bz would allow you to jump if you wanted to. The "rock" is right at the entrance/exit where you cross the water while you are taking the path in the rain forest to get to the beginning of tubing and where you actually exit the water to walk back toward the parking area. So there will be people getting in and out in that area so just be careful.

There are tons of videos on youtube that shows people jumping off of the rock. Just look it up and you can see about how tall it is (given the time of year and the rainfall on the deepness of the water). :)

We did cave tubing with VIV Tours and our group did jump off the rock. We had a great tour and had the limosines of tubes compared to all the other tour companies out there. My husband guesses the jump to be about 16-20 feet. I would highly recommend this company. Great tubes and great staff.

i already booked this excursion thru NCL but will cancel it in a millisecond if you highly recommend this tour.

did they get you back to the ship on time?

do they carry your tubes down to the water for you?

my wife had neck surgery about a year ago and the headrest would be a great value.

can you tell me more about your experience?

i already booked this excursion thru NCL but will cancel it in a millisecond if you highly recommend this tour.

did they get you back to the ship on time?

do they carry your tubes down to the water for you?

my wife had neck surgery about a year ago and the headrest would be a great value.

can you tell me more about your experience?

If you want a full review, I have one on .bz (mind you they have the updated tubes now according to some people who have recently went-the one's with the head rest and they now link the tubes together), but I HIGHLY recommend .bz and would use them again in a heartbeat!

Here is my detailed review and a link at the bottom to pictures from that day (I didn't get a chance to take picture while in the cave, my battery went dead and I was highly upset that I had forgotten my extra battery in the tour van :(), but there are awesome pictures on the walk to the caves.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=30667696&postcount=44

So I have read many reviews and decided to book with cavetubing dot bz. Just wondering if anyone that has used them recently know if you get to stop and jump off the rock, and if so, how high is the jump? Thanks..

We used Major Tom's Cave Tubing. It was awesome, he was very professional and our guide Michael was hilarious. We jumped a few times and it was a very relaxing day. They never rushed us or told us we needed to hurry up. If people wanted to keep jumping they were cool with it. We were in the water for 90 minutes and he showed us where the cruise line excursions stop. It was literally half the time we were in the water. Food was good as well. I reccommend them!

Also GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!

I am booked with .bz for January so will come back here with details if you don't sail before I do. So far I am happy with how fast the emails went back and forth while booking online, had it all booked and confirmed inside of 30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise today and we did cave tubing with bz and had a GREAT experience - they are amazing!!! They did allow us to jump @ the end, there were 2 diff areas you could jump from, i did the shorter one lol- my daughter video taped it from my camera . It was alot of fun and very refreshing, He told us when we jumped we had to do a cannonball and even doing that when i put my feet down i touched the bottom so you have to be careful but it's fun! Bz does have the new tubes with headrests and they carried the kids tubes and anyone's tube that was having alot of difficulty - keep in mind if you have kids that are using the black inner tubes instead of the yellow ones, they don't have a headrest and they are not linked together like the yellow ones all the time, sometimes for the kids you will still have to use feet to armpit but all the yellow ones with headrests can be clipped together . Anymore questions just send me a message :)

Alana

Archived