Splendour of the Seas from Venice 2013

Hi all,

Any one been on the Splendour of the Seas since it's so-called complete refurbishment. Apparently has had a lot of changes and is looking pretty smart.

Am thinking of cruising on her in June next year Venice to Venice and b/b on another sector.

Also concerned about airfares to get there and back to Sydney - any suggestions?

Thanks

I went on Splendour last summer. I can't comment on the airfare as i'm from the UK, but what i can say is i thoroughly enjoyed myself!!

From what a few people on the ship told me, it's much friendlier on this class of ships, as there are less guests and the staff remember you by name!! For example, i only used the dining room 3 times, yet the man at the bookings desk always greeted me by name and if i saw him after, he would ask how my meal was.

I loved (almost) all the ports and the weather was beautiful.

I don't know what it was like before refurb so i don't have anything to compare it with, sorry!

Hi all,

Any one been on the Splendour of the Seas since it's so-called complete refurbishment. Apparently has had a lot of changes and is looking pretty smart.

Am thinking of cruising on her in June next year Venice to Venice and b/b on another sector.

Also concerned about airfares to get there and back to Sydney - any suggestions?

Thanks

Look at Royal's Choice Air (http://www.choiceair.com). Their fares can be very competetive for overseas travel.

Hi all,

Thanks

I leave tomorrow (Tue) morning for the Splendour out of Venice

Hi all,

Thanks

We went at the end of August and the Splendour is beautiful - we have done the Voyager class before and the Jewel on our own so were a little worried but needn't have been. Loads to do, staff so so friendly. Check out my review as it has pictures of the ship and also my friend Lita's review - she has some great pictures :)

We went at the end of August and the Splendour is beautiful - we have done the Voyager class before and the Jewel on our own so were a little worried but needn't have been. Loads to do, staff so so friendly. Check out my review as it has pictures of the ship and also my friend Lita's review - she has some great pictures :)

I sailed the same cruise a week before u!! :D

We booked the Splendour for June. I am looking forward to a smaller ship for a port intensive itinerary. The fact that she has been totally refurbished is an added bonus. We booked air on our own by using Kayak. By using this site we are able to fly Business class on Delta for just a little more than Delta was charging for Coach on their website. Great flight times too.

Check airfare daily, if you have a preferred carrier. We purchased flights from Dallas to Barcelona on yesterday for a great price, the fare was only published for 24 hours, it changed before we purchased, luckily we had them on a 24 hour hold.

Archived