Two Cruise Ships at Mallory Square

OKCruiseMan

I suspect Mallory Square is just that. The performers come out there at sunset, along with the sunset view. I wonder if pier B is in front of the Westin hotel. Last week some of those privately owned yachts were parked between the ship and the Westin walkway. The other, Outer Mole (I keep forgetting the name) was closer to the other pier than I thought because we needed to be trammed into town. I was surprised we took such a long ride, when the 2 ships looked so close once we were in town.

P.S. now I'm confused about the piers. Pier B and Outer mole are indeed separate, but if they are at pier B, who else is there?

Maybe my memory is playing tricks, but I'm sure when we were there in 2001, there were 3 ships all in a row. Granted, the ships were smaller (us on the Tropicale, the Vision of the Seas was immediately behind us, and a Costa ship was right behind it).

OK, never mind LOL. I looked at the link above, and the 3 ships makes sense. I just never paid much attention to what the other piers were and thought the outermole was farther away than it actually is.

I see on the schedule that "The World" is going to be at Mallory the 18th-19th. That's the cruise ship people live on (rich people, that is).

That would be interesting to see...

She's one of the rarest finds in the cruise industry, too, since The World really DOES travel all around the world. They just completed their sailing from the Pacific to the Atlantic....but through the Northwest Passage, not the Panama Canal. (!)

As for "rich people"....yeah. Just the monthly maintenance on the smaller studio apartments on board will cost ya $20,000. :eek:

(But if I win the lottery.....and not some penny-ante jackpot, either...... :D )

I see on the schedule that "The World" is going to be at Mallory the 18th-19th. That's the cruise ship people live on (rich people, that is).

That would be interesting to see. Is that the ship the tenants get to vote on their own itinerary?

I see she's left Miami, the berth was empty this morning. I don't think the transponder is on to track the ship.

Archived