Dining during Prime Time

cruiserjt

We are leaving Friday on the Gem and it has been a while since cruising NCL. Although we generally eat early with our family; I started to wonder if the main dining areas provide coasters that notify you when your table is ready. All of a sudden I realized that I assumed this to be the practice but have not read anything to confirm that on these boards.

Does anyone have any recent info about kids pricing in the Speciality restaurants - Cagneys or Teppanyaki especially? Really don't want to pay full price for the kids but they so enjoy going out to dinner with us on a cruise. Any info appreciated.

Suitcases are opened.....

Clothes are piled up......

Now I remember the best advice - take half as many clothes and twice the money!

Teri

We are leaving Friday on the Gem and it has been a while since cruising NCL. Although we generally eat early with our family; I started to wonder if the main dining areas provide coasters that notify you when your table is ready. All of a sudden I realized that I assumed this to be the practice but have not read anything to confirm that on these boards.

If there is a wait, yes, you will get a pager.

Does anyone have any recent info about kids pricing in the Speciality restaurants - Cagneys or Teppanyaki especially? Really don't want to pay full price for the kids but they so enjoy going out to dinner with us on a cruise. Any info appreciated.

Children 3-12 pay 1/2 price if eating off the specialty menu and are free if eating off the regular children's menu.

Suitcases are opened.....

Clothes are piled up......

Now I remember the best advice - take half as many clothes and twice the money!

Teri

Have a wonderful vacation.

Hi Teri, we are on the same cruise. Can't wait. To answer your question in the specialty restaurants the kids fee is 1/2 the adult fee if they order off the restaurants kids menu and free is they order off the MDR kids menu. If they order from the Adult specialty menu then they get charged as an adult. Hope that helps and see you Friday.

Kelly

From NCL's website:

When you want an even more memorable experience, our ships' specialty restaurants provide refined choices. Children 3 years old and younger always eat free, and children 4 - 12 can choose from a complimentary kids menu or the restarant's specialty kids menu for a reduced cover charge.

Reduced cover charge in this case means half price.

Hope this helps.

I thought for Teppanyaki the kids still paid full price since they were taking one of the very limited seats? But I don't know this first-hand... Teppanyaki seems popular with families though, so maybe someone who has done that will comment.

I thought for Teppanyaki the kids still paid full price since they were taking one of the very limited seats? But I don't know this first-hand... Teppanyaki seems popular with families though, so maybe someone who has done that will comment.

No! The same policy applies as stated above. Ages 4-12 are half price. 3 and under are free. All kids 12 and under can eat for free from the regular kid's menu. Teppanayki is my son's favorite. Unfortunately, we have to pay full price for him now.

No! The same policy applies as stated above. Ages 4-12 are half price. 3 and under are free. All kids 12 and under can eat for free from the regular kid's menu. Teppanayki is my son's favorite. Unfortunately, we have to pay full price for him now.

well that's good news! Maybe we'll try it this year... I have stayed away because I thought the kids were still full price!

Archived