Just gotta do it!! :D :D

islandlady, that is perfectly fine you will not be online during your cruise. Enjoy your vacation and get away from the world!! It really won't make a difference who the CD and Captain are, I will enjoy my cruise no matter what!

rondo

islandlady, that is perfectly fine you will not be online during your cruise. Enjoy your vacation and get away from the world!! It really won't make a difference who the CD and Captain are, I will enjoy my cruise no matter what!

rondo

I think we will both have a fabulous time!!

Happy cruising!!

Cheers!

Someone told me, (perhaps you?) that Captain Johnny will be at the helm of my June 5th cruise. Since I have never met any of them, as this is my first RCI cruise, they are all new to me! Have heard great things about him.

Cheers!

I have heard a lot of rumors that Captain Johnny will be on board then, but RCCL wouldn't give me that information. So who knows? I have heard that he is awesome tho.

I feel your excitement (wish it were me!). I love the last few days before a cruise (so exciting), then, you have to act all calm and everything when you get to port. So, after you check in, get into your cabin, jump up and down a bit, we sing a stupid song we make up at the spur of the moment.

I'm happy for you, have a great cruise!

I feel your excitement (wish it were me!). I love the last few days before a cruise (so exciting), then, you have to act all calm and everything when you get to port. So, after you check in, get into your cabin, jump up and down a bit, we sing a stupid song we make up at the spur of the moment.

I'm happy for you, have a great cruise!

Ohh!! What a great idea Kathy!! :D

Since we are boarding the day of my (yikes!! :eek: ) 50th birthday, I am sure my DH and DS (as in sister) will have lots of interesting birthday songs to use at sailaway as we pop the cork on our champagne on the balcony!

Calm when I get to the port? Hmmm...not me...I will still be doing my "wiggle dance"!! :D

Cheers!

Ohh!! What a great idea Kathy!! :D

Since we are boarding the day of my (yikes!! :eek: ) 50th birthday, I am sure my DH and DS (as in sister) will have lots of interesting birthday songs to use at sailaway as we pop the cork on our champagne on the balcony!

Calm when I get to the port? Hmmm...not me...I will still be doing my "wiggle dance"!! :D

Cheers!

Happy Birthday!!!

I am also guilty of acting cool, calm and collected in the terminal. Very sophisticated to the untrained eye. Then I get in to my cabin and dance and wiggle and generally act spastic as I open pop the cork on my Bon Voyage champagne.

By the way, Island Lady and I seem to have the same love of the bubbly (Cloudy Bay too), Island Lady- what champagne do you typically toast your sail away with?

Happy Birthday, island lady!! I just turned 50 twenty-two days ago. You're still young!!!

I thought we were the only ones that acted like little kids when we got to our cabin. :rolleyes:

AlisonoftheSeas and Island Lady, what is this Cloudy Day? Is this a brand name I've never heard of? I've gotten into the bubbly myself about 5 years ago.

I heard that Captain Johnny brings his Harley on board and drives around the deck. Don't know if that is true or not.

Guest OBAYbee

How exciting!!! Don't you just love it when it gets this close???

Have a wonderful trip..stay safe!

Happy Birthday, island lady!! I just turned 50 twenty-two days ago. You're still young!!!

I thought we were the only ones that acted like little kids when we got to our cabin. :rolleyes:

AlisonoftheSeas and Island Lady, what is this Cloudy Day? Is this a brand name I've never heard of? I've gotten into the bubbly myself about 5 years ago.

I heard that Captain Johnny brings his Harley on board and drives around the deck. Don't know if that is true or not.

Rondo~ Cloudy Bay is a wine- New Zealand Sauvingnon Blanc to be exact. It is marvelous, but a little difficlt to find.

Happy Birthday!!!

I am also guilty of acting cool, calm and collected in the terminal. Very sophisticated to the untrained eye. Then I get in to my cabin and dance and wiggle and generally act spastic as I open pop the cork on my Bon Voyage champagne.

By the way, Island Lady and I seem to have the same love of the bubbly (Cloudy Bay too), Island Lady- what champagne do you typically toast your sail away with?

I tend to try all different bubblies, but the two I am bringing aboard are ones I took from my sample allowance. They are both small grower, small lot Champagnes, and are Grand Cru's. One is Barnaut Grand Reserve and the other is Jacquesson Cuvee' 728. Very good, almost impossible to find, but best of all..free! Nice perks of the job!

Happy cruising!!

Cheers!

Well, I'll be 52 in a month or so, we went on a cruise for my 50th also.

It's amazing how much younger I act as I get older. I have 2 teens and I love to embarass them whenever I can:p

That's the fun of growing older...we get to play kids again!! :D

Cheers!

My sister has a friend that visits quite often from New Zealand, I'll act intelligent now when I bring up Cloudy Bay. :D I do remember trying wine from New Zealand - excellent stuff!!

Island Lady, I copied down the directions to the wine store you gave AlisonoftheSeas. Thanks! I wasn't going to drag any along, but if there is a place that close, I might as well. I also copied down your favorite champagnes and will look for some. Thanks again.

My sister has a friend that visits quite often from New Zealand, I'll act intelligent now when I bring up Cloudy Bay. :D I do remember trying wine from New Zealand - excellent stuff!!

Island Lady, I copied down the directions to the wine store you gave AlisonoftheSeas. Thanks! I wasn't going to drag any along, but if there is a place that close, I might as well. I also copied down your favorite champagnes and will look for some. Thanks again.

Good for you!! Of course now you can tell your sister's friend that you know that Cloudy Bay comes from the Northern tip of the South Island. It is where the sea pushes big puffy clouds into the bay there. Hense the name! :D

Happy I could be of service on the wine shop!!

The champagnes I listed, you will not find there. They are very allocated special small lot, independant growers. Only a few fine dining restaurants and fine wine shops carry limited supplies of them.

There really are not a lot of bubblies that I don't enjoy, and actual am quite fond of the sparkling wines out of California too. One that comes to mind, and I know that store you are going to carries it, is Schramsberg. I am partial to the rose'. It is a nice inexpensive, festive bubbly.

Cheers!

Hey Island Lady- packed yet?

I happened to notice that you are turning 50. I turned 50 on April 12th and sailed on the Caribbean Princess for my b-day. We do have a lot in common!

Thanks for the CLoudy Bay tip. We're on L.I., but I get brochures from a wine shop in Westchester Co (NY). They have Cloudy Bay, (and on sale) -s o we are going up there on Sat to buy a couple of bottles. They also have Nobilo on sale, so more for our summer get togethers with friends. Will bring the Cloudy Bay with us on the Voyager in August.

I seem to remember you mentioning last week you are in the wine business. What exactly do you do? I'm exploring other career options, since my 26 year gov't job may be outsourced soon. I'd have to retire with a reduced pension and need a steady salary- have on e in college and the other doesn't go for 7 more years!

Cheers!

Hey Island Lady- packed yet?

I happened to notice that you are turning 50. I turned 50 on April 12th and sailed on the Caribbean Princess for my b-day. We do have a lot in common!

Thanks for the CLoudy Bay tip. We're on L.I., but I get brochures from a wine shop in Westchester Co (NY). They have Cloudy Bay, (and on sale) -s o we are going up there on Sat to buy a couple of bottles. They also have Nobilo on sale, so more for our summer get togethers with friends. Will bring the Cloudy Bay with us on the Voyager in August.

I seem to remember you mentioning last week you are in the wine business. What exactly do you do? I'm exploring other career options, since my 26 year gov't job may be outsourced soon. I'd have to retire with a reduced pension and need a steady salary- have on e in college and the other doesn't go for 7 more years!

Cheers!

Yup...all packed. My DH is still out of town, and did not make it back for the holiday weekend, so I had lots of time to pre-pack on my day off today.

I am a fine wine sales rep for a distributor here in Florida. I am called an "on premise" rep, meaning I call on restaurants plus several fine wine shops. I travel a 2 county area. I would not call it a "steady" salary, as it is all commission. We have our busy times, and our lean times, so the money goes up and down with the seasons. The money is not really all that great, but the perks are wonderful!!

Nice score on the Cloudy Bay on sale!! Now I am thirsty!!

Cheers!

Archived