Use a piano on board to practice?

My last trip on Radiance has a guy who played every morning on the grand piano in the Viking Lounge. Staff were very happy to have him there.:)

On Rhapsody OTS I there was a notice on one of the pianos saying not to touch it :( but that a piano for passenger use was available in the Viking Lounge.:) I went up early each morning, after my laps (walking) around the deck & spend up to an hour playing with no one around to hear me.;) I hope this is available on Voyager OTS as well. Just under 11 weeks until we board.:D

On Explorer (which is a sister ship to Voyager), my husband was able to play the piano every morning in the Viking Crown Lounge. As the previous poster said, it was a quiet area without many people around in the morning.

• 2 months later...

My son has piano competitions in April, and I'd love for him to be able to play a few times on our cruise in March. We are on Freedom. Should I just ask guest services? We don't have access to the crown lounge. I wondered if maybe there was a keyboard or piano in the kids club or teen lounge. (He's 12) Thanks!

My son has piano competitions in April, and I'd love for him to be able to play a few times on our cruise in March. We are on Freedom. Should I just ask guest services? We don't have access to the crown lounge. I wondered if maybe there was a keyboard or piano in the kids club or teen lounge. (He's 12) Thanks!

The area of the Viking Crown lounge with the piano is open to all guests.

It's a public area that you will have access too.

My daughter loves to play piano and will be happy to know she can maybe play on our explorer cruise! I remember when we were on Princess she got to use the piano in the wedding chapel to practice on before the kids talent show.

I almost asked this question once, DH is a bad amateur ( his words!) but he usually practices every day. He often wondered if he could play on the ship to keep limber, but he's too chicken to play for people, so not sure he'd do this! I'm going to egg him on when we sail Jewel;)

Archived