Door Decorating on the Star

TX2000

Does anyone know if the doors are magnetic on the Star. We are sailing ver New Year's and I'd love to let my daughters decorate the doors.

Thanks!:p

It depends on the deck. We had one of the newer SJ suites on 12; the doors were not metal. Didn't stop me from decorating. I used painter's tape, rolled so it would be double-sided. Other doors were metal. I saw lots of decorations.

Thanks for the reply! We have a balcony on deck 9.

I am getting really excited about our cruise!!

:D

You should be excited too! :) We were aboard the Star in October in an Aft Facing Penthouse Suite on Deck 10. We have nothing but great things to report about the Star and her crew. The ship is beautiful and the crew are extremely friendly. Here's to blue skies and calm seas. Enjoy! :D

Thanks for the reply! We have a balcony on deck 9.

I am getting really excited about our cruise!!

:D

Just off the Star Sunday and we had balcony cabin 9200. Our door was metal. We didn't decorate it, but someone moved a New Orleans Saints magnet from the door next door to ours on to our door one night. So we moved it back when we saw it. There was a veterans group on board and many of them had magnet stickers for their military unit proudly displayed on their doors in that same hallway on deck 9.

You will see in the Freestyle Daily that NCL does not permit door decorating. Like any other rules that does not stop many from just doing it anyway.

I wish people would be more considerate of the other passengers. A magnet on the door or item placed in the "mailbox" thing to help identify your cabin is one thing. Decorating the door like a parade float can be really annoying to people who prefer to let the cruise line determine the decor of the public spaces.

Hoping this doesn't go the way of the smoking threads! Because NCL does not tear down the signs does not mean they approve or encourage. Encourage would be to post that there is a contest for the best door.

What they post in the Dailies is how they really feel, that is, please don't do it.

I know that just because NCL asks that we refrain from the decorations, there will be some/many that say, "it's my cruise, I paid a lot, therefore I can do as I please".

The questions was, does NCL allow decorating the doors. The answer is found in what they publish. NO!

Feel free to make of that what you will.

You will see in the Freestyle Daily that NCL does not permit door decorating. Like any other rules that does not stop many from just doing it anyway.

We knew about balcony lighting but never have read anything about door decorating. Will certainly refrain from doing it again.

We knew about balcony lighting but never have read anything about door decorating. Will certainly refrain from doing it again.

There was a time when NCL had a notice in the Freestyle Daily, but unless it's extremely tiny, they may have had a policy change. I've asked fellow cruisers who kept their FSD and they don't see any such notice.

There was a time when NCL had a notice in the Freestyle Daily, but unless it's extremely tiny, they may have had a policy change. I've asked fellow cruisers who kept their FSD and they don't see any such notice.

I have never read anything about decorating doors in the FSD or any other information sheet I get on board. And I normally read everything they give to me thoroughly.

Does anyone know if the doors are magnetic on the Star. We are sailing ver New Year's and I'd love to let my daughters decorate the doors.

Thanks!:p

I've also seen pictures of where people put hangers on the thing with your room number on it and the spinning wheel.

• 1 year later...
Just off the Star Sunday and we had balcony cabin 9200. Our door was metal. We didn't decorate it, but someone moved a New Orleans Saints magnet from the door next door to ours on to our door one night. So we moved it back when we saw it. There was a veterans group on board and many of them had magnet stickers for their military unit proudly displayed on their doors in that same hallway on deck 9.

Not to totally go off topic but we are going to be in 9200 in September...did you like the room?