Alarm Clocks on Breeze

TravelGal22

I assume there is a clock in the room?

not usually - some ships have a clock on the phone, but most do not

(can you imagine having to reset the clocks anytime the ship is repositioned? or the hue and cry from pax b/c they missed their excursion b/c their carnival provided clock wasnt showing the right time?)

I've never seen this on any ship. We just do a "wake-up" call on our room phone.

No clocks in any of the cabins I've ever been in. We do the wake up call thing, except for our last cruise on the Pride, when none of the phones worked in the aft portion of the ship. In this case, not too sure what you need to do to for a wake up - Maybe have someone come pound on your door!

I did just buy a $3 battery operated clock for my upcoming trip on the Pride. Hopefully the phones will be fixed by Sunday. The clock will be mainly for telling time, not waking me up.

not usually - some ships have a clock on the phone, but most do not

(can you imagine having to reset the clocks anytime the ship is repositioned? or the hue and cry from pax b/c they missed their excursion b/c their carnival provided clock wasnt showing the right time?)

yep- i agree. I have never seen a clock in a cabin on a cruise ship

and yes, they are also hard to find around the ship.

So if we are scheduled to get into a port in the Caribbean, will it be eastern standard time or the time in that particular country?

Ship time is the same as the home port time. They do not change time when crossing times zones.

Bring a watch, set it to ship time and stick to ship time! :cool:

So if we are scheduled to get into a port in the Caribbean, will it be eastern standard time or the time in that particular country?

Ships time will remain ships time - has very little to do with the time in port - usually there IS a clock at the ding ding machine as you exit for each port - just take a moment to make sure your personal time telling device (a watch for you folks in the cell-phone only age) is set to ships time and that you note the back aboard time. - as a side note - do NOT use your cell phone for time in port - it may pick up an update from a local tower and before you know it you are watching your ship sail away from the pier. Spend 10 bucks and get a watch.

Ships time will remain ships time - has very little to do with the time in port - usually there IS a clock at the ding ding machine as you exit for each port - just take a moment to make sure your personal time telling device (a watch for you folks in the cell-phone only age) is set to ships time and that you note the back aboard time. - as a side note - do NOT use your cell phone for time in port - it may pick up an update from a local tower and before you know it you are watching your ship sail away from the pier. Spend 10 bucks and get a watch.

some ships will turn the clocks-- depending on the port-- sometimes if a port is 2 hour difference they will change the clock

Ship time is the same as the home port time. They do not change time when crossing times zones.

Bring a watch, set it to ship time and stick to ship time! :cool:

Not necessarily true. It entirely depends on the ship and the itinerary.

Watch your Funtimes for changes.

No alarm clocks on any Carnival ship, that I can remember.

There is a clock on your TV menu.

We bring our iPod Touch and use that as an alarm.

It's easy to slip in our backpack in port also, to tell time.

We're on the Breeze in 3 weeks (12/8), so excited!

does your touch change time to reflect island time?

(mine does--)

In the settings under General - select date and time and turn off the set automatic option - you can then set it manually. Set it to whatever time the ship tells you to

It's the same for iPads and iPhones

We have often changed times on cruises - like someone said it depends on the itinerary.

Archived