Alcoholic beverage

millwood1

Does Celebrity sell wine coolers on board their ships at the bars.The one with a vodka base beverage known as ( SMIRNOFF ICE) Thanks

Not that I can recall, they do have the wine coolers, but I don't know if it extends to spirits like 'breezers' or 'cruisers'.:D

Not that I can recall, they do have the wine coolers, but I don't know if it extends to spirits like 'breezers' or 'cruisers'.:D

I am thinking that what you were thinking and what you typed are not the same.

Maybe one had a few wine coolers already?

I am thinking that what you were thinking and what you typed are not the same.

Maybe one had a few wine coolers already?

No I meant what I typed and I do wish I had a few under my belt.:p

In Australia, a wine cooler is a bottle of can with wine and a mixer like tonic water/mineral water or lemonade added.

A bottle or can with a spirit such as vodka (or rum) and a mixer like coke/lemonade/tonic water etc. is called a Breezer or Cruiser depending on the spirit and the brand.:D

Does Celebrity sell wine coolers on board their ships at the bars.The one with a vodka base beverage known as ( SMIRNOFF ICE) Thanks

Yup, I had Smirnoff Ice last January on the Equinox! If I recall correctly, it is the only cooler they had, but I may be wrong on that point.

Yup, I had Smirnoff Ice last January on the Equinox! If I recall correctly, it is the only cooler they had, but I may be wrong on that point.

I would bet that you are correct, and I'll also bet that the beverage will be widespread on Celebrity within the next 4 months.

It's my favorite, and although they did not have it aboard the Infinity last month, I was asked for suggestions, while sitting at the Martini bar, and the bartender wrote it down.

We will see.:)

Rick

I enjoyed a Smirnoff Ice on many occasions on the Eclipse in November. Actually, when I first ordered it, they brought me a very large glass of Smirnoff Vodka on ice LOL. You have to be very specific about want you want :D:D:D.

I enjoyed a Smirnoff Ice on many occasions on the Eclipse in November. Actually, when I first ordered it, they brought me a very large glass of Smirnoff Vodka on ice LOL. You have to be very specific about want you want :D:D:D.

LOL, thank your lucky stars you didn't order one of those cocktails with a rude sounding name :eek:. Or maybe you should have.:rolleyes:

Bottoms up:D

One caveat about Smirnoff Ice - in Canada it is made with vodka, but I believe the American version is actually a malt-based beverage. Not sure which they'd have on the ship.

From Wikipedia:

There are two different products by the name of Smirnoff Ice. One, sold in France and the United States, is a citrus-flavored malt beverage (5.0% ABV) with variants in "Original," and "Triple Black." The other, sold in Europe (excluding France), Latin America, Australia and Canada, is a premixed vodka drink. It also has variants in "Original" and "Black Ice" (or in some markets, "Triple Black" or "Double Black"), ranging from 4.5% in the UK, to 7% ABV in different markets.

One caveat about Smirnoff Ice - in Canada it is made with vodka, but I believe the American version is actually a malt-based beverage. Not sure which they'd have on the ship.

From Wikipedia:

There are two different products by the name of Smirnoff Ice. One, sold in France and the United States, is a citrus-flavored malt beverage (5.0% ABV) with variants in "Original," and "Triple Black." The other, sold in Europe (excluding France), Latin America, Australia and Canada, is a premixed vodka drink. It also has variants in "Original" and "Black Ice" (or in some markets, "Triple Black" or "Double Black"), ranging from 4.5% in the UK, to 7% ABV in different markets.

The Smirnoff Ice I had on the Equinox is the exact same that I buy here in Canada - the citrus flavored vodka based one.

...of why I find it VERY difficult to complain while on a cruise. :)

Even the "mistakes" are fantastic! :D

(OK, I admit, the party band didn't play EVERY one of my favorite songs.) :eek:

Never heard called a it bloody Caesar before

Is that western thing ?

It is a Canadian thing, Vodka and Clamato juice.. Most commonly made with Motts clamato. premixed with all the spices. There are several types sold in the Liquor stores vodka and Clamato, and the spices all mixed in indivual servings...

It is a Canadian thing, Vodka and Clamato juice.. Most commonly made with Motts clamato. premixed with all the spices. There are several types sold in the Liquor stores vodka and Clamato, and the spices all mixed in indivual servings...

I am Canadian:o, never heard it called a bloody Caesar before, spice Caesar yes

And I have had a lot of over 55 years:D

I am Canadian:o, never heard it called a bloody Caesar before, spice Caesar yes

And I have had a lot of over 55 years:D

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bloody Caesar (cocktail)

220px-Caesar_Cocktail.JPG

· 6 oz. Clamato Juice

· 1–1½ oz. Vodka

· 2 Dashes hot sauce

· 4 Dashes Worcestershire sauce

· Celery salt

· Freshly ground pepper

· Lime wedge

Garnish with Crisp celery stalk

A Caesar or Bloody Caesar is a cocktail created and primarily consumed in Canada. It typically contains vodka, Clamato (a proprietary blend of tomato juice and clam broth), hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce, and is served with ice in a large, celery salt-rimmed glass, typically garnished with a stalk of celery and wedge of lime.

It was invented in Calgary, Alberta in 1969 by restaurateur Walter Chell to celebrate the opening of a new Italian restaurant in the city. It quickly became a popular mixed drink within Canada where over 350 million Caesars are consumed annually and it has inspired numerous variants. However, the drink remains virtually unknown outside the country

So, maybe calling it a "Bloody" Caesar is a western Canada thing, since it was invented here, but regardless, tastes the same, no matter what part of the country you are from! :D

Patricia

Archived