New year's cruise. Is it worth the money

We booked in the summer and the prices were basically the same as most other sailings for the ship. Now, as we are about a month away, the prices are out of sight! Not sure I would book it at current prices. We generally sail a week or take a B2B in mid December but the week of Dec 30-Jan 6 worked better for us.

I hope it is not loaded with kids, I thought they (K-12) would be back in school, but now I am not sure.

We like that we won’t have the expense or the defensive driving issues of a usual New Years celebration.

M

We did a New Years Eve cruise and had a blast....swimming in the waters off grand cayman on new years eve instead of being home in the freezing cold was SO worth it...Midnight was great with baloons dropping in the centrum...Captain doing the count down and free champage flowing...Was one of the best cruises we ever took :)

Well we decided to scrap the New Years cruise and booked an Easter cruise instead.

We are going on the Celebrity Silhouette for a 7 day Eastern Caribbean Cruise and leave on Easter Sunday (After Mass of Course) :D

We just got off the NCL Pearl and while we enjoyed ourselves and the ship personnel were great, we were not at all impressed with the food, especially in the Main Dining room. Except for a nightly special (one night was a pork Burrito, really) it was the same menu every night. We tried 4 different specialty restaurants and except for the Japanese one, they were not much to write home about either.

Archived