Regarding breakfast onboard...

reginaphalange

Would it be permissible (of feasible?) to pick up breakfast from the buffet and take it back to our room? I typically will workout in the morning, then shower and enjoy a leisurely breakfast while watching the news or reading or whatever. I'd like to continue this on our trip, if possible. :)

Also, what about the MDR? Will they "doggie bag" an order upon request?

Would it be permissible (of feasible?) to pick up breakfast from the buffet and take it back to our room? I typically will workout in the morning, then shower and enjoy a leisurely breakfast while watching the news or reading or whatever. I'd like to continue this on our trip, if possible. :)

Not at all. Tons of people do this...including us on occasion..

Just try to have Coffee delivered on the first morning so you have a TRAY (and don't part with it) :o:o:o

Yes! You can take your tray to your room or you can also order free room service (remember to tip please!) I am not sure but I have not seen them box up food for anyone...you can always ask!

They're pretty darn accomodating in the MDR. I've had them box up diner so I could take it back to the room for DW when she was under the weather.

I think it would be easiest to just fill your plate at the buffet and then you can take it to your room or anywhere you like.

Remember, room service won't have a typical hot breakfast menu to choose from.

Thanks for the feedback!

i've done it!! I'm a bit of an early bird on vacation. i'll head out and bring something back for the SO.

Yes, this is exactly what I'm thinking, since DH is not an early riser. Plus, I prefer to lounge in my robe and hair towel while enjoying breakfast. I'm not too sure folks would appreciate that on the lido buffet. :p

Thanks for the feedback!

Yes, this is exactly what I'm thinking, since DH is not an early riser. Plus, I prefer to lounge in my robe and hair towel while enjoying breakfast. I'm not too sure folks would appreciate that on the lido buffet. :p

In the morning at the Breakfast Buffet - you will see Plenty of people still in PJs and Robes!!!:eek::D:rolleyes:

I have saved (put in closet on shelf) a tray and plate cover (dome) from room service and used those to retrieve food from the buffet. It doesn't keep the hot food really hot, but it does keep it warm enough to enjoy back in the cabin.

Easier to bring cold things (cereal, juice, toast etc) back than warm foods (eggs, etc). Warm foods cool off quickly!

if you were only going to do cold stuff like that-- why not room service instead of carting that stuff with you.

I have saved (put in closet on shelf) a tray and plate cover (dome) from room service and used those to retrieve food from the buffet. It doesn't keep the hot food really hot, but it does keep it warm enough to enjoy back in the cabin.

You read my mind, this is what we also do. We usually have coffee, fruit and danish delivered to the cabin earlier. Then, I use the tray and 2 plastic domes from the room service delivery to go to the buffet and get 2 plates of hot food, which I can now stack cause I have the 2 plastic domes.

You're right, it's not piping hot, but let's face it, by the time I find a table, get my juice and coffee and get to eating in the buffet, the food is not exactly piping hot any longer.

You can take food pretty much anywhere on the ship. On our last cruise, I wasn't hungry until later in the day, about the same time that we wanted to play a trivia contest in the main show lounge. I went to the Lido, made myself a big salad, carried it to the show lounge and ate during the contest.

You can also take food from the MDR. The wait staff is very accommodating. I have taken many a dessert with me. I ordered them, they arrived to the table with plastic dome covers and silverware. Sometimes I ate in the cabin, sometimes I ate at the comedy club, sometimes I ate during a show.

Enjoy your cruise.

They boxed up my dessert for me one night. I got sea sick (rare, half the ship was out though). I made till they brought the first course...then dh walked me back to the room. When he came back he had my dinner and dessert!!!

*ftr, I'm the one in my pj's at breakfast and during the shows.. :D I change after dinner.* Though, we normally order breakfast, I did finally make it to the mdr on our last cruise-well worth it, imo.

*the rest of the family may still be sleeping, thus the reason not to order room service.

We do it once or twice a cruise, especially when there's a port day, and we want a variety of options more than whats offered from room service. We leave our trays in our room afterwards, in place of in the hall to avoid people tripping over them. our room steward has always made sure they went back to the appropriate location (I assume).

I am up wandering with coffee around 5:30 or so...I eat at 6 in the buffet and at times bring breakfast to my wife and daughter. They sleep in till 7 and wake up to breakfast delivered by me. No Tip Needed :).

Once in a while, they will meet me at 6 in the buffet.

I almost always bring DH breakfast in the morning to eat on our balcony. Sine we don't have trays anymore on most Buffets, I order cookies on the first evening, we eat on cookies all week, and use the tray to bring food back from the Buffet.

In the evening, 3 or 4 nights, I'll order the cheese plate and take it back to the room for a late night snack from the MDR. They will put a cover over it, and a fork or 2. And I'll often have a piece or two of leftover bread. YUMMO!

In the morning at the Breakfast Buffet - you will see Plenty of people still in PJs and Robes!!!:eek::D:rolleyes:

Really? I think that's disgusting. In my dozen or so cruises on Celebrity, HAL and Princess, I think I have only seen one man at the buffet in his robe (flopping open) robe. Granted, I don't eat too many breakfasts at the buffet.

Archived