Weather in the Bahamas in December...

AmbeeBee

I went to Nassau last December and the weather was really nice. I can't remember what the temp was, but it was nice enough to walk around the island with light clothes and no jacket, and we also went to the beach. HTH

Weather should be very pleasant. Warm enough to lay out at the beach and walk around comfortably (70's-80's), but the water may be a bit cold.

Keep in mind that if there's a cold front sweeping through the US, it will affect the Bahamas due to their close proximity. This was the case when we sailed in December 2010 from Jacksonville. A cold front had just passed and the temperatures on embarkation day had dipped into the 20's! :eek: It did warm up a bit, with Key West climbing up to the upper 40's-lower 50's and Nassau into the upper 50's-lower 60's. It seems like it caught a lot of people by surprise because after our stop in Key West, every other person was wearing a sweatshirt, hoodie, or jacket with a Key West logo! Haha.

You won't need winter gear, but I would bring at least a light jacket and jeans just in case.

This is what we dealt with! Grand Bahama is the island just east of the 42 by Miami.

DSCF7559.jpg

Weather should be very pleasant. Warm enough to lay out at the beach and walk around comfortably (70's-80's), but the water may be a bit cold.

Keep in mind that if there's a cold front sweeping through the US, it will affect the Bahamas due to their close proximity. This was the case when we sailed in December 2010 from Jacksonville.

We have been in florida for Xmas 6 yr out of the last 10 and on 5 of them the temps diped low enough for frost. One year Xmas 2000 (I think) The temps dipped and stayed low for a full very very cold week. We never go to florida without hats and gloves. That year it was even down to the mid 60's in the cayman (family there had to put jumpers on and that happened again to them in 2010) So always have a few heavier items with you

Weather in the Bahamas that time of year can be a crap shoot. Should be pleasant, but there's NO guarantees.

Oh, how true. Just because someone "happened" to hit a great few days is no guarantee the weather will be warm. I know, as another has posted, there are times a sweatshirt and long pants will be needed. I remember 2010 very well! I had only a light jacket with me, it wasn't pleasant.

We were there in December 2010 also...Brrrrrrrrrr! But an unseasonable cold front was sweeping thru Florida, and the Bahamas at that time. Lots of people were talking about it. Most of the time, it is pretty nice in December though.

Keep in mind that if there's a cold front sweeping through the US, it will affect the Bahamas due to their close proximity. This was the case when we sailed in December 2010 from Jacksonville.

if you do a search on weather history look at February 2006.

We were there and not prepared-

It ws 52 degrees and VERY windy. the water--- VERY cold.

watch the cold fronts from the states

Archived