Cancellation voucher transferability

Matt62

Has anyone had any experience with the vouchers for future cruises that Carnival issues if you have bought the vacation protection plan and they "cancel for any reason" as opposed to one of the specific reason which supposedly entitles you to a cash refund?

I wonder if these vouchers are transferable? I have read the contract over and over and if a restriction on transfer is in there, it is well hidden. I did see where they are subject to black-out dates, etc, which is fine.

I ask because my mother is having health issues just before our cruise and since it may be a big hassle to collect medical records relating to cancelling for one of the named reasons, it would sure be easy if I could just pay her for her future cruise voucher and use it sometime in the coming year. It is doubtful she will ever be able to use it.

I suspect this is one of those "fine print" limitations that you don't see until you get the voucher in the mail.

Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to share any experiences with these vouchers.

We used a FCC on a cruise that we needed to cancel due to being hit by hurricane Irene. CCL issued us future credit on another cruise which we used. I realize this is not the same as your circumstances but thought it might be helpful if health improves.

I have never heard of them being transferable but they are supposed to be redeemable at some point.

I defer to more knowledgeable cruisers. You might also contact Carnival about redeemability.

Good luck, whichever route you take.

No experience and no guesses. You're probably have to call the identified Administrator number "contact the Program Administrator at 1-800-331-2796 regarding cruise credits" and explain your situation. I wasn't aware they issue a physical voucher! ken

Somehow, unfortunately, I doubt it could be transferred unless you can prove you are the one who paid for the trip. My suggestion would be to call Carnival and see what they say and ask for a supervsior.

My second suggestion might prove more fruitful and that is writing to cclsupport@carnival.com. Mary and Mischelle know the ropes and will do whatever they can to help and if they can't, then it can't be done.

Good luck.

Last January when I booked my cruise for this December, I used a FCC. I asked my PVP what happens if I need to cancel my cruise-he told me that it would be refunded to my credit card. Not exactly what the OP was asking, but I think it still may be somewhat pertinent.

I had to "cancel for any reason" for Carnival Glory this summer. After I filed a claim with the insurance, Carnival sent me an e-mail with a link to use after my next booking so they can apply the credit. (There was no paper voucher.) This was in the e-mail:

"While there are a few restrictions like, holiday departures, cruises to Alaska, Australia, Europe, Hawaii and chartered sailings, etc., the offer is combinable with most fares. Additionally, our offer is limited to one per booking, is non-transferable, and applied to the cruise fare only, after you've paid the deposit. You'll need to sail by 24 months from date of letter. "

Archived