Seven Mile Beach or Turtle Farm

chosbor2

We were disappointed in the turtle farm. The large turtles are in a breeding tank, and the snorkel area is limited to some smaller turtles. We paid 1/2 price for the entire package and only spent maybe 2 hours there. There's a large wading pool and a small aviary, not really anything to get excited about.

The beach or a water excursion is the best choice for GCM in our opinion. We stayed on GCM in Sept and loved the Fat Fish Adventure, absolutely the best excursion we've taken in GCM.

We were disappointed in the turtle farm. The large turtles are in a breeding tank, and the snorkel area is limited to some smaller turtles. We paid 1/2 price for the entire package and only spent maybe 2 hours there. There's a large wading pool and a small aviary, not really anything to get excited about.

The beach or a water excursion is the best choice for GCM in our opinion. We stayed on GCM in Sept and loved the Fat Fish Adventure, absolutely the best excursion we've taken in GCM.

Thanks. I wanted to do something different while my DH wants a beach day...looks like it might be a beach day.

I should correct myself a bit, when we went it was later in the day and we missed a couple things like the croc feeding. It was also early Sept and a slow week there. The pool is a nice spot to hang and there is a small waterslide, and there is a restaurant on site. You can also hold the smaller turtles which are about 1 foot in length. So a day visiting the turtle farm isn't all that bad as an alternative to the beach. We did enjoy the small aviary, and the girls enjoyed the pool for a bit. We were staying on the island and w were going to go there at some point as you can't know about a place until you experience it for yourself.

To make it a more enjoyable day, if you're interested one of the two dolphin places are across the street, and you can meet or swim with the dolphins. We went there just to watch them as my wife did that in Jamaica and she loved it. And Hell is just a couple miles down the road and is worth a quick stop.

So if you head there on a tour I'm sure you will experience more than we did and you will enjoy it.

There is also the botanical garden tour to the east, you can google that too.

Yeah...the turtle farm is a farm...to breed turtles for food.

Yup...and they're delicious. Try the turtle burger at the restaurant there, it's very good.

Unless you're a hardcore vegan who uses no animal products at all, there's no point in getting upset about a farm, IMO. Turtle meat in Cayman is much the same as beef steak in Texas, at least from a cultural viewpoint. And very few people are out rescuing Bessie the Cow. :grin: It's just that your steak comes shrink-wrapped at the grocery store, so you don't see her on the hoof, so to speak.

Archived