Holiday decor?

cnvh

Hubby and I are sailing on the Pride on December 9th. I'm assuming they'll decorate the ship for the holidays, but when? Not that it matters one bit to what I'm sure will be a wonderful vacation, but it would be extra sweet if it was decorated for the season!

2012 – installation schedule – holiday decorations

date:

ship:

port:

sat, nov. 17, 2012

dream

pt. Canaveral, fl

sun, nov. 18, 2012

sensation

pt. Canaveral, fl

mon, nov. 19, 2012

ecstasy

pt. Canaveral, fl

sat, nov. 17, 2012

elation

new orleans, la

sun, nov. 18, 2012

conquest

new orleans, la

sat, nov. 24, 2012

liberty

miami, fl

sun, nov. 25, 2012

valor

miami, fl

sun, nov. 25, 2012

glory

miami, fl

mon, nov. 26, 2012

destiny

miami, fl

sat, dec. 1, 2012

freedom

ft. Lauderdale, fl

sun, dec. 2, 2012

victory

san juan, pr

sun, dec. 2, 2012

breeze

miami, fl

mon, dec. 3, 2012

imagination

miami, fl

sun, dec. 2, 2012

splendor

long beach, ca

mon, dec. 3, 2012

inspiration

long beach, ca

thur, dec. 6, 2012

fantasy

freeport, bahamas (poc)

sat, dec. 8, 2012

fascination

jacksonville, fl

sat, dec. 8, 2012

magic

galveston, tx

sun, dec. 9, 2012

triumph

galveston, tx

sun, dec. 9, 2012

legend

tampa, fl

mon, dec. 10, 2012

paradise

tampa, fl

tue, dec. 11, 2012

miracle

pt. Canaveral, fl (poc)

wed, dec. 12, 2012

pride

pt. Canaveral, fl (poc)

** sydney, australia:

tue, nov. 27, 2012 or thur, dec. 6, 2012

spirit

sydney, australia

2012 – installation schedule – holiday decorations

date:

ship:

port:

sat, nov. 17, 2012

dream

pt. Canaveral, fl

sun, nov. 18, 2012

sensation

pt. Canaveral, fl

mon, nov. 19, 2012

ecstasy

pt. Canaveral, fl

sat, nov. 17, 2012

elation

new orleans, la

sun, nov. 18, 2012

conquest

new orleans, la

sat, nov. 24, 2012

liberty

miami, fl

sun, nov. 25, 2012

valor

miami, fl

sun, nov. 25, 2012

glory

miami, fl

mon, nov. 26, 2012

destiny

miami, fl

sat, dec. 1, 2012

freedom

ft. Lauderdale, fl

sun, dec. 2, 2012

victory

san juan, pr

sun, dec. 2, 2012

breeze

miami, fl

mon, dec. 3, 2012

imagination

miami, fl

sun, dec. 2, 2012

splendor

long beach, ca

mon, dec. 3, 2012

inspiration

long beach, ca

thur, dec. 6, 2012

fantasy

freeport, bahamas (poc)

sat, dec. 8, 2012

fascination

jacksonville, fl

sat, dec. 8, 2012

magic

galveston, tx

sun, dec. 9, 2012

triumph

galveston, tx

sun, dec. 9, 2012

legend

tampa, fl

mon, dec. 10, 2012

paradise

tampa, fl

tue, dec. 11, 2012

miracle

pt. Canaveral, fl (poc)

wed, dec. 12, 2012

pride

pt. Canaveral, fl (poc)

** sydney, australia:

tue, nov. 27, 2012 or thur, dec. 6, 2012

spirit

sydney, australia

Thank you for posting this....I will be onboard the Ecstasy and Sensation in the next 2-3 weeks so I will get to experience the Christmas decorations.

Do they decorate while the ship is at sea? Magic shows December 8 and we will be cruising at that time.

My guess, although I could be wrong is the team that fly's to each port to decorate arrive on Saturday the 8th and then when you dock on Sunday the 9th would begin decorating. However the team could board the ship when you're docked in Cozumel and decorate that whole day you're at sea on the 8th then move to the next ship on the 9th once docked.

When I did the "Behind the Fun Tour" on my last cruise they had all the decorations on the boat. So they are loaded extremely early. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't already on some ships. My cruise last year wasn't scheduled to be decorated till the cruise after mine and they said there are multiple crews that do it and they would board when the ship first sets sail and stay on the entire time. Depending on ship size, it takes 1-3 days to decorate. They then get off when it gets back to it's starting port unless there happens to be another ship coming into a port that they can just change and jump on and start there.

I'm still curious though how long after they stay up.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/holiday_religious_services.htm

Hanukkah: 12/08/12-12/16/12; 11/27/13-12/05/13

Each ship will have a Menorah (candelabra) set-up and a cruise staff member will conduct the Menorah lighting ceremony each evening prior to Early dining – This time will provide an opportunity for guests to gather around the Menorah to recite the bread and wine blessings and sing Chanukah songs. Manishewitz wine, Challah (egg bread) and Latkes (potato pancakes), sour cream and apple sauce will be served each evening. If a clergyman of any faith wishes to perform a service, it is on a "volunteer basis" only – see Clergy Program below.

Christmas: 12/25

With a festive on-board atmosphere, elaborate decorations and an array of traditional cuisine, entertainment and activities, Carnival’s “Fun Ship” holiday cruises are the ideal option for reconnecting with friends, families and loved ones. A festive mood is created as soon as guests arrive on board, with the ships’ atrium and promenade areas lavishly decorated in the spirit of the season and featuring signage with traditional holiday greetings.

Seasonal music is available in the staterooms.

A highlight of these cruises is an elaborate revue in each ships’ main show lounge evoking a “home away from home” atmosphere with cozy sets featuring faux oversized fireplaces, large comfortable sofas, Christmas trees with decorations created by the kids from the “Camp Carnival” program, and, of course, a visit from Santa.

Caroling is also popular with guests and crew strolling throughout the ship singing classic and contemporary holiday songs.

Popular holiday-themed movies such as “The Polar Express” are shown on the in-stateroom televisions.

Holiday menus include the traditional oven roasted turkey with all the trimmings and freshly baked pecan pie, among many other selections.

· If a clergyman of any faith wishes to perform a service, it is on a "volunteer basis" only – see Clergy Program below.

For those ships docked in port on Christmas Day, the Information Desk can provide guests with a list of local churches that are conducting services that the guests may attend.

By mid-December, the ship's public areas are adorned with oversized Christmas trees, wreaths, lights, mistletoe and other traditional touches. Decorations will go up during the following cruises:

Ships Decorated for the 2012 Holiday Season

Breeze – 12/02/12

Fantasy – 12/06/12

Legend – 12/09/12

Sensation – 11/18/12

Conquest – 11/18/12

Fascination – 12/08/12

Liberty – 11/24/12

Splendor – 12/02/12

Destiny – 11/26/12

Freedom – 12/01/12

Magic – 12/08/12

Spirit – 12/06/12

Dream – 11/17/12

Glory – 11/25/12

Miracle – 12/11/12

Triumph – 12/09/12

Ecstasy – 11/19/12

Imagination – 12/03/12

Paradise – 12/10/12

Valor – 11/25/12

Elation – 11/17/12

Inspiration – 12/03/12

Pride – 12/12/12

Victory – 12/02/12

New Year's Eve: 12/31

New Year’s cruises are just as memorable, offering one of the biggest celebrations at sea highlighted by the traditional countdown and complimentary noisemakers, party favors and champagne for “Fun Ship” revelers to ring in the New Year. When schedules permit, one of the formal nights on board takes place on New Year's Eve; if the schedule does not permit, then the night is slightly less formal. Most lounges will have live music including the outdoor Lido Deck. Streamers, hats and noisemakers are provided; at approximately 11:30pm, a formal countdown will begin in the lounges with roaming waiters serving "house" brand champagne.

Last year when we were on the Fascjnation the first week of December they had decorations up when we boarded and all through the week they were putting up more decorations. I am sad to read that this year they want start until the 8th because that is the day we get off :(

Archived