Port Canaveral (Dream), What time did you arrive?

cbtengwife

I know I have read arrival times in reviews, but did not write them down and now cannot remember. What is the earliest you were able to park and board the Dream????? Want to be there as early as I can to get the cruise started!!!! :)

Thanks for all your help

Boarding starts about 11 or so. First to board are the wedding parties, then VIP (Priority) then FTTF and then everyone else.

We usually get to the port about 10:15 and there is a line formed already. We once arrived at 9:45 and were told we had to wait until 10 to get into the parking area, but I asked about where the handicapped spaces were, they allowed us to park right then.

Others have said they got to the port at 9:30 and got in line. I guess it depends upon how long you want to wait in line as to what time to get there. In the old terminal, there were seats to use while waiting. I am guessing the new terminal has them too, but haven't sailed from there yet.

Enjoy your cruise on Dream. We have enjoyed our four times on Dream.

I almost always plan on arriving about 11 or 11:30, and have NEVER had a problem, but that was always at pier 10. Since they've moved the Carnival ships to the new pier 6, it might be different,,,,but I doubt it. Embarkation almost always begins at about 11, so I don't see any point in getting there earlier,,,just to sit around for an hour or more.

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

We have a car rental with Budget and want to drop everyone off and the luggage and then my dh will return the car and take the shuttle from Budget. My question is this allowed or are just taxis and buses allowed to drop passengers?

thanks

yes you can do this......

We were just on the Dream last week. We arrived at the pier around 10:30 and were on the ship within about 15 minutes. We've never had such a smooth embarkation. We walked in the building.....went right up to the check in.....spent about 5 minutes there (got our sail & sign cards)....then walked to the place where they take your security pictures....another short walk where they pop in your sail and sign card and make sure the correct picture shows up....then went to where the photographers take your welcome aboard picture....then right up onto the ship. We never had to sit down or wait from the time we got to the pier...it was fantastic! It was exactly the same on the Ecstasy which we sailed right before the Dream. :)

We have a car rental with Budget and want to drop everyone off and the luggage and then my dh will return the car and take the shuttle from Budget. My question is this allowed or are just taxis and buses allowed to drop passengers?

thanks

We did exactly this back in April. DH dropped oldest DS and me and all of our luggage at the port, then he and youngest DS dropped off the car and took the Budget shuttle back.

BTW, we were there at 8:30. Port building was already open and taking passengers. We were the first ones in. We made friends with the port employees and other passengers as they trickled in.

It is great to start the cruise so early!

Archived