diagram of ship with available cabins?

Go to travelocity and act like you are booking a cabin. When you get to the point of choosing a cabin, it will show the available cabins for the category you've selected.

However, and this always seems to be a huge bone of contention, all of the suggested travel sites list no more than 6-10 available cabins. There may be more, lots more, or these may be the only ones available. There used to be a site that would tell you if a specific cabin was available, but it no longer does. The closest I am aware of is the Celebrity site, which still does the specific cabin search, but of course, it is only their ships.

• 2 months later...

Why is it though that no matter what site you go to - even the cruise line itself, (RCCL), they all show exactly the same six or seven rooms to choose from. Is there any way to get around this. As a previous poster has said, there have to be more, but how do you get at them? I guess a TA has access to them all??:confused:

No, TAs don't have access to them all. :)

Basically ALL the online reservation systems tie in DIRECTLY to RCCL's system, and their system just shows the 6-8 "best" cabins available at the time of the booking. That's why you'll see the same cabins listed everywhere...we all access the same reservation system. If you called RCCL they'd give you the same list of "best" cabins.

If you want a specific cabin with RCCL you need to ask your TA, if you use one, or RCCL directly, if it's available. There generally ARE plenty of other cabins in a category available (not so for limited categories like suites, of course, but in general). :)

Basically ALL the online reservation systems tie in DIRECTLY to RCCL's system, and their system just shows the 6-8 "best" cabins available at the time of the booking. That's why you'll see the same cabins listed everywhere

Thanks Ella - just what I needed to know. Sorry you're not "all-seeing"!

The status of a specific ship's occupancy rate is confidential information. It impacts yield, competitive actions and internal pricing decisions. Any company that sells a perishable commodity (a cruise cabin, a hotel room, an airplane seat) will give the gneral public (the customer) access to some of it's inventory, but needs to maintain confidentiality based on the competitive marketplace.

Basically ALL the online reservation systems tie in DIRECTLY to RCCL's system, and their system just shows the 6-8 "best" cabins available at the time of the booking. That's why you'll see the same cabins listed everywhere...we all access the same reservation system. If you called RCCL they'd give you the same list of "best" cabins.

Have just come up with an interesting variation on this theme. RCCL currently only give a choice of 5 cabins to chose from on my cruise (12/11/05 Radiance), whereas other sites give a choice of 7. Any explanation for this??:confused:

Shamrock, not sure exactly, but my guess is the timing of "holds" placed on the cabins had an effect. Courtesy holds are placed on cabins all the time and as they expire (without a deposit being paid) then the cabins go back in the system. I can't really explain the discrepancy between RCCL and the online sites but I'm guessing it's just a lag time issue. :)

Any opinions on which are the best sites for looking at a ship's layout, cabin descriptions etc. In the few I have looked at, I've found some are better than others. But with this group's experience, there must be some really good ones out there - which are they?. The big problem I have found in looking at the layout of a deck on some sites, is that from one deck to the next, they turn the ship around! For instance, on the diagram of deck 10 you're looking at "forward" at the top, but when you go to the diagram of deck 9, "aft" is at the top. And looking at the full deck layout, both ends are rounded - no "pointy end"!! in the diagram, so you could easily tell which is which. Very confusing and misleading. If protocol prohibits listing these sites here, you could email me at:

dick600401@yahoo.com Thanks.

Archived